Achelpohl - Borgholzhausen

amandaachelpohl

4 Beiträge

Does anyone know where I can find records for Borgholzhausen? I am looking for the Evangelical Church. I thought it might be under Bielefeld but I don't see Borgholzhausen there.

vnagel2004

1428 Beiträge

Menu: Search / Suche

on the far left for Text enter: Borgholzhausen
next column to the right check: Digitally Available

press Button: Search

Next window: note search result for Borgholzhausen = 38 different church registers

Hope that helps,
Vera

vnagel2004

1428 Beiträge

BTW
There are a couple of useful HELP pages, regarding how to find church book i.e. see here

https://www.archion.de/en/help/finding-church-records/

amandaachelpohl

4 Beiträge

Awesome, thanks. I guess once I pay for a pass I'll just be able to view the handwritten records and then I look for the name Achelpohl?

amandaachelpohl

4 Beiträge

Is anyone on here on Ancestry? I thought German records were only available on this website but on Ancestry.com I found a collection called "Germany, Lutheran Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1500-1971 Deutschland, ausgewählte evangelische Kirchenbücher 1500-1971". Would this be the same information as this website?

Also, when I search Achelpohl on the Ancestry site in that collection, it brings back results with the last name of "Eckelbarg" "Eckelbergen" and some others. Could this be the German spelling of Achelpohl? Does it usually change that much?