Kirchenkreis Meiningen

Hello,
Just wondering if the records for Kirchenkreis Meiningen in Eisenach will be online in 2020? Or do you think it will take until next year for them to be online? I'm waiting for them as patiently as I can. :) So excited to see them when they're online. Also is there a way for me to know how far back in time the records for Kirchenkreis Meiningen will go? I'm looking for late 1500s-early 1600s. Thank you so much!

Google Translate:
Hallo,
Sie fragen sich nur, ob die Aufzeichnungen für den Kirchenkreis Meiningen in Eisenach im Jahr 2020 online sein werden? Oder glaubst du, es wird bis zum nächsten Jahr dauern, bis sie online sind? Ich warte so geduldig wie möglich auf sie. :) Ich freue mich sehr, sie zu sehen, wenn sie online sind. Gibt es für mich auch eine Möglichkeit zu wissen, wie weit die Rekorde für den Kirchenkreis Meiningen in der Zeit zurückreichen werden? Ich suche späte 1500er-frühe 1600er. Ich danke dir sehr!

Hello Sarah,

you‘ve for certain noticed the announced sequence of church districts on this page

https://www.archion.de/de/archive-in-archion/thueringen/landeskirchenarchiv-eisenach/

informing Archion users about the plans of the archive in Eisenach, Thuringia to make church registers from those districts available.

However, only the archive can give you an idea as to when the digitized records will be delivered to Archion and next, Archion for sure has a certain time schedule to put theses finally online.

Bottom line: patience, follow the Archion Newsletters or stop by here from time to time.

As to your second question regarding how far back in time the church registers go:

a) there is no generell answer for the entire „Kirchenkreis“ (= church district), but only for certain communities/parishes belonging to a certain district

b) in order to learn details for the parishes of interest to you, simply follow the link immediately preceding the final section on the Web site above.

The downloadable „Kirchenbuchliste“ (list of digitized church registers) provides all requested information for each parish.

Regards, Vera

Yes, thank you. I have seen the schedule and have been checking every week since January. I assume that Archion has a rough idea of when they might put Meiningen online, and that is all I was hoping to learn. Thank you for the link you provided.

Sarah,

the church district Meiningen actually has

17 parish districts with
58 individual parishes

for more details see here:

https://www.kirchenkreis-meiningen.de/kirchengemeinden/

It‘s most unlikely that the entire church district Meiningen will go online in „one upload session over several days / weeks“.

That said, even if somebody would tell that there is a possibility for the start of Meiningen church district church registers to become online available, the chance that the parish you are waiting for is kind of „minor“.

Vera

Hello Sarah,

if your focus is on the town of Meiningen itself, chances are you'll find what you're looking for at
www.online-ofb.de/meiningen
Most of the records of the surrounding villages only set in after the 30 years war. Exceptions include Bettenhausen, Helmershausen, Oberkatz, and Unterkatz.

Best wishes,
krh

Zurück
Oben