Engelmann and others

Sorry for writing in English, but I don't speak German and I don't trust Google translate to do a good job.

I've been very successful using Ancestry.com for my mother's mother's family in Karlsruhe and the surrounding areas, but can't seem to find records for my mother's father's family in Guben and Frankfort (Oder)

Can anyone tell me if there are records available for the following people?

Louis Erdmann Engelmann
BIRTH 31 MAR 1860 • Guben, Brandenburg, Germany
DEATH 28 FEB 1945 • Beeskow, Oder-Spree, Brandenburg, Germany
Parents
Carl Gustav Engelmann
BIRTH 14 MAY 1826 • Gorlitz, Sachsen, Germany
DEATH Unknown
Auguste Pauline Emilie Sandner
BIRTH 1 SEP 1830 • Guben, Brandenburg, Germany
DEATH Unknown
Married 12 Jan 1888 • Frankfurt, Brandenburg, Preußen
Lydia Selma Mathilde Littmann
BIRTH 9 JAN 1864 • Forst/Lausitz, Spree-Neisse, Brandenburg, Germany
DEATH 11 FEB 1947 • Berlin- Kaulsdorf, Germany
Parents
Emil Reinhold Guido Littmann
BIRTH 28 APR 1831 • Germany
DEATH Unknown
Klara Louise Mathilde Beyer
BIRTH 20 JUN 1842 • Calau, Oberspreewald-Lausitz, Brandenburg, Germany
DEATH Unknown

Thanks

Dave Smith

Man kann über "Suche" - Geo-Lokation nach den Orten suchen. Sie sind alle so groß das sie eigene Kirchen haben.

Oder über "Browse" Berlin, Brandenburg, schlesische Oberlausitz: Landeskirchliches Archiv in Berlin von Hand schauen was da ist.

Martina

Hi Martina

I hoping that someone with a subscription would run a search on those names and let me know if anything comes up.

I have purchased subscriptions to other websites in the past only to discover that they didn't have any of the information that I was looking for.

Hi dcsmith,

you can follow baukuthis proposal without having any subsription. The browse function is free of Charge, and that is intentional.

On the other hand Archion does not provide any search for names neither with nor without subscription. You have to look through the churchbooks by your own. Of course, that is more challenging and will let you learn more about previous times but it takes considerable more time.

Good luck,
Tonx

When I try to browse and click on the link for the viewer I get this message even though I'm signed in. 3 different browser on Mac OS X

Sie verfügen nicht über die erforderlichen Berechtigungen.

Bitte melden Sie sich an.

Es gibt hier keine "Suche nach Namen". Jeder muß die Scans von Hand durchsehen. Also erst einmal herausfinden welches Buch (Zeit, Ort, Ereignis) benötigt wird, nachsehen ob es online ist und dann selbst nach den gewünschten Namen suchen.

When I try to browse and click on the link for the viewer I get this message even though I'm signed in. 3 different browser on Mac OS X

Sie verfügen nicht über die erforderlichen Berechtigungen.

Bitte melden Sie sich an.

Please read and follow these steps carefully:

https://www.archion.de/en/step-by-step/

##################

The quoted message above tells you that you haven't bought a "pass" (paid subscription) in to access the digitized church registers.

As an aside:
- Archion only holds Evangelical / Lutheran church registers
- there are absolutely NO indexed records of church registers available at Archion

Good luck, Vera

Hi dcsmith,

apparently I am misunderstood. In addition to the explanation of vNagel2004 and others please note

a) the pure BROWSE function is free of charge.

b) The browse function reveals whether a churchbook is existing and available or not. Looking through said churchbook is NOT free of charge.

And emphasized again: It is not possible for anyone to run a search on the names listed by you and to let you know if anything comes up.

Hallo Heinzi76: Die Browse Funktion auf Archion ist schon kostenlos, nur das Reinschauen in die damit gefundenen Kirchenbücher nicht.

Hallo vNagel2004: Es gibt schon einige alphabetische Register, also Indices, hier auf Archion, etwa komplette Karteikartensätze, die mit eingestellt sind, beispielsweise die Sammlung zu Walsrode. Aber das zu erklären habe ich jetzt zur Vermeidung von Verwirrung auch weggelassen, zumal es keinen "Run" gibt, den man machen könnte.

Gruß, Tonx

Zurück
Oben