Sorge-Seitendorf, Greiz, Reuss a. L

In Archion I searched for "Sorge-Seitendorf, Greiz, Reuss a. L." as shown in the Meyers Gazetteer and it returned results for "Central Germany: Landeskirchenarchiv Eisenach, Church district of Greiz, Grosskunstdorf with concern". The two communities are adjacent to each other. I'm wondering if the Grosskunstdorf includes Sorge-Seintendorf? I'm not finding the 1858 marriage record of Johann Heinrich Piehler (1835-1886) married Wilhelmine Seckendorf (1833-1895) despite the Teichwolfransdorf marriage banns showing they were married in Sorge.

Thank you for your response. Could you clarify whether the Sorge-Sintendorf records are part of the Kleinreinsdorf records or simply that the marriage bann is in the Kleinreinsdorf records? I see the marriage record in both Kleinreinsdorf and Teichwolframsdorf but I've been told by German speakers that these are marriage banns and the couple was married in Sorge so I was hoping to find the Sorge record. Perhaps there isn't a third record in Sorge? Thank you again for your help.

Ahhh....I think I understand what happened the "Greiz, Grosskunstdorf with concern" is my computer translating the record "Großkundorf mit Sorge" which explains why this record appears when I search for Sorge. Sorry for the confusion.

If you open the mentioned PDF you'll see that records for Sorge-Settendorf can be found in Großkundorf AND Kleinreinsdorf. The marriage is recorded in Kleinreinsdorf. In the 3rd column (Ort der Trauung) you see that the marriage was in Sorge.

Zurück
Oben