Glauchau

I believe my 2nd great grandmother is from Glauchau. I don't mind looking through all the records but I need help figuring out where to begin. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank,
Glenn

Hello Glen,

as you know from your previous „crash course“ here at Archion, you first need to buy a Pass / a paid subscription in order to access the church registers.

After(!) that is done, you may provide the birth date of your ancestor in Glauchau.

Vera

> ... my 2nd great grandmother is from Glauchau ... <

Do you know her name ? Mayby date of birth or any other info ?

VG.

I will buy a pass. I am unfamiliar with the parish names and towns and there are so many for Saxony. What I was asking was for what direction to go in when I am ready to research.
Her name was Amelia Earnestine Arnold born I believe Jan. 5, 1847. I believe her parents to be Edward and Wilhelmina.
Thanks!
Glenn

....I am unfamiliar with the parish names and towns and there are so many for Saxony. What I was asking was for what direction to go in when I am ready to research.

Hello Glen,

well, one could say the same regarding the number of place names in the US, right?

I would kindly suggest that you take a minute or two to learn a bit more about the Archion portal, family research in Germany etc.

All available here in English as well

https://www.archion.de/en/step-by-step/

https://www.archion.de/en/the-portal/

https://www.archion.de/en/family-research/

That way it is also really easy to determine whether church registers for places of interest are already online available at Archion or not - like for Glauchau at this point of time.

This should always be the initial approach/step before buying a pass.

Regards, Vera

...and as already discussed previously to bring it back to attention....

Search for person names is not possible at Archion since church register records are not indexed!

> Amelia Earnestine Arnold. I believe her parents to be Edward and Wilhelmina <

Amalie Ernestine oo 1867 in N.Y.
Father Edward, Mother Wilhelmine
Amalie Ernestine death record :
parents the same as above.

Passengerlists: there are a lot of Arnold, also of "Glachau" (Glauchau ?) So he got the link for Glauchau - as he mentioned.

I do not know - I believe - Glen has to look in America first
for a proper document with place of birth for Amalia Ernestine - or - maybe he found it in the meantime and wrote abaout Glauchau ...

Ich schließe diese Anfrage für mich. VG.

Which details regarding her place of origin are provided in her death cert: 18 Nov 1912 Manhattan, New York, cert no 32482?

Which details regarding her place of origin are provided in her marr cert: 8 Sep 1867 Manhattan, New York, cert no 4919?

etc etc.

Your publicly available family tree on Ancestry does not provided any sources at all - other than references to other family trees. Is that intended?

Regards, Vera

All information on my public family tree is my own, others have just copied mine. I have to find the document that I came across that to the best of my ability looked like Glauchau as her place of origin. Once I produce that maybe I will be believed. Until then, at least I now know that Glauchau records are not yet on Archion. That is what I needed to know before I spent many wasted hours going through the records looking for her. I will look for the document and then get back to you.
Thanks,
Glenn

Zurück
Oben