Eppelsheim in the Alzey-Worms District.

I have long waited for Archion to research the church books for EPPELSHEIM. Can anyone here tell me where I can find these books elsewhere? I'm researching my cousins' families with the last name of GALL, SCHNEIDER, and EBERHARDT. If someone from Archion could tell me if these books will be published?

Thank you so much!
Barbara

Hello Barbara,

in order to determine which archive has Eppelsheim church registers in their holdings...

- go to this website here at Archion https://www.archion.de/de/archive-in-archion/rheinland-pfalz/landesarchiv-speyer/

- click on the "Link zum Kirchenbuchverzeichnis" [link to church register directory]

- now you are on the website of the Landesarchiv Speyer [State Archive Speyer]

- on the right is a box labeled "Download" and when you click on the link in that box, a PDF file providing a copy of this church register directory/index will be downloaded

- now you can easily search this file for: Eppelsheim ---- you'll get 8 matches

The most important information for you will most likely be to learn that the church registers for Eppelsheim can the found in the holdings of

Zentralarchiv der Evangelischen Kirche
in Hessen und Nassau,
Darmstadt

Contact data for the Darmstadt Archive can again be found here at Archion

Since Archion can only make such church registers online available which have been previously been digitized and delivered to Archion by an Archive, you need to contact the Darmstadt Archive and ask them if and when this may happen.

Good luck and greetings, Vera

Forgot to bring this website to your attention

Some way down that site there is a mention of:

"Familienbuch für die Gemeinden Eppelsheim und Dintesheim von 1668 - 1905" von Frank Stückrath

I could not find it on the web elsewhere. So my suggestion would be to contact the Genealogical Society for Hessen in Darmstadt --- more details - contact data - link to their website etc. see i.e. here

Vielen Dank, Vera!

I definitely will look into all of these. I really appreciate you helping me out. I do understand German fairly well, but with writing it correctly, I'm definitely not good at that. I am currently talking to my one cousin on WhatsApp and she hasn't any information about her family, so I want to do what I can for her.

My best regards,
Barbara

You're welcome, Barbara.

I trust you can also contact the Darmstadt Archive, as well as the Genealogical Society in Darmstadt, in English as well.
Especially if you decide to contact the Archive, don't forget to ask for any applying charges upfront.

Look luck again and best regards,
Vera

Zurück
Oben