Tauf-Registerband 1689-1769 Reckerode

Does anyone know what the word is that is list to the left of the Hugo surnames on page 27. I have attached a permalink to look at.

Thank you

All of these are given names / some of them abbreviated / in order to „easily“ differentiate the fathers of these children.

Andreas, Johann / Johannes etc

Apparently a couple of different Hugo families had child births in the same time frame.

Look up the individual birth/baptism entries and the „mystery“ will disappear.

You‘re welcome.

All of these are given names / some of them abbreviated / in order to „easily“ differentiate the fathers of these children.

Andreas, Johann / Johannes etc

Apparently a couple of different Hugo families had child births in the same time frame.

Look up the individual birth/baptism entries and the „mystery“ will disappear.

You‘re welcome.

Thank you for the quick reply.
I have looked up each name and see that there are a couple of families, and even the different towns. Though, I would be lying if I said I could make out all the words :)

Maybe I did not ask my question clearly. I am trying to figure out what is the word that is to the far left of each Hugo name, that is in smaller print and appears to start with an "A".

Thanks again!

Don't worry: your question was clear and I already clearly answered it.

On the far left, in smaller print is i.e. written:

Andr. OR
Andreas

meaning = Andreas = a German male given name > in other words: given name of the father of this child was Andreas.

When you look up the corresponding record you will be able to prove it. :cool:

Here are two examples:

page # 342 - second but last entry

1749 - Birth/Baptismn of Andreas Hugo's son > named: Joh: [Johann] Henrich

page # 353 - first entry

1760 - Birth/Baptism of Andreas Hugo's son > named: Johann Jost

I understand now. Thank you for your patience. I was just surprised that no other names were listed like this.
Best-

Zurück
Oben