Last residence in Pasewalk

Does this give you any hint with that information, last residence in Pasewalk before going on ship in 1872? I have no clue what else to find her birth place. “Pasewalk, Pommern”. Is there any directory? I don’t see any surname, Pasewald… I noticed their names were misspelled like Passewand, Pasewaldt, Posselt?

Hello,
yes if „Pasewalk, Pommern“ is mentioned as last residence on the passenger list I would start looking there for her birth records first. Since it is not clear from your request what sources you have already checked and what information you have about the person you are looking for, here are some general suggestions:

1) Assumption the person is evangelical confession and you know a birth date or at least an age: check the birth entries for that year +/- minimum 6 years in the records of the two churches of Pasewalk which you can find here on the homepage of Archion: Pasewalk and Pasewalk Ev.-Reformierte Gemeinde. Maybe there is also a name register directly in the book for the relevant year ranges which you are looking for.

By the way, the surname Pasewald, Pasewaldt exists in Pasewalk – see name index of civil death registers (1874-1919) here:
https://www.familiengeschichte-vorp...nde/Pasewalk StA Gestorbene 1874-1919 alt.pdf

In this name index also the birth place is given and some of them (maybe relatives of your ancestor) where not born in Pasewalk- e.g. Wilhelmsburg, Ueckermünde is mentioned. The surname Pasewald is quite common in that region and in the near Ferdinandshof, therefore:

2) If you cannot find her baptism in Pasewalk, check relevant birth years in the area around Pasewalk. Having Wilhelmsburg in mind I would start with “Ueckermünde” – browse: Norddeutschland: Landeskirchliches Archiv der Evang.-Luth. Kirche -Kirchenkreis Pommern –Ueckermünde- check „Taufen Land“; then check also „Ferdinandshof“ which is very close to Wilhelmsburg; browse: Norddeutschland: Landeskirchliches Archiv der Evang.-Luth. Kirche- Kirchenkreis Pommern -Ferdinandshof
3) If you cannot find her birth there I would go back to Pasewalk and look in more detail to a) the baptism records, where (provided she was not a child when moving to US) she might be mentioned as godfather incl. origin in the baptism records in the last years before she left Pasewalk b) the death records some years before and after she left – maybe you will find a hint to her or her relatives e.g. mentioned as reporter of the death or as daughter left behind; or to find new clues about possible birthplaces of deceased Pasewald/Pasewaldt/Pasewalk which are potential relatives or
4) Check other church records in “Kirchenkreis Pommern” here at Archion (after 1800 often name register exists either as separate record or at the end of all baptism records in the book or at the end of each year).

Good luck!

Zurück
Oben