Irrenanstalt Langenhorn in Hamburg

You refer to an ancient subsidiary of this today's hospital

Near the bottom of that article - chapter "Literatur" / literature - is a link to a digitized article about it - see here:

• Theodor Neuberger: Die Irrenanstalt Langenhorn-Hamburg. In: Deutsche Heil- und Pflegeanstalten fĂŒr Psychischkranke in Wort und Bild. 1910, S. 127–140. (Digitalisat)

The Staatsarchiv Hamburg has a number of records in their holdings.

When you make use of their full text search tool

...and enter: Irrenanstalt Langenhorn

....you get a list of results. May be you should also contact that archive directly and ask for help.

Good luck. :)

You refer to an ancient subsidiary of this today's hospital

Near the bottom of that article - chapter "Literatur" / literature - is a link to a digitized article about it - see here:

• Theodor Neuberger: Die Irrenanstalt Langenhorn-Hamburg. In: Deutsche Heil- und Pflegeanstalten fĂŒr Psychischkranke in Wort und Bild. 1910, S. 127–140. (Digitalisat)

The Staatsarchiv Hamburg has a number of records in their holdings.

When you make user of their full text research tool

...and enter: Irrenanstalt Langenhorn

....you get a list of results. May be you should also contact that archive directly and ask for help.

Good luck. :)
Thank you so much 😊

Hi 😊.
I was hoping it was possible to find this out. Can the church records show anything about this?
Thank you for the information.

You should definitely contact the Staatsarchiv Hamburg and refer to their holdings as provided above.
Since you can prove immediate relationship to her, it should be possible to receive more information, if they have her patient record.

The church records will not be of help since it will perhaps be provided that she died in that hospital, but won't go into further detail regarding her definite cause of death.

You should definitely contact the Staatsarchiv Hamburg and refer to their holdings as provided above.
Since you can prove immediate relationship to her, it should be possible to receive more information, if they have her patient record.

The church records will not be of help since it will perhaps be provided that she died in that hospital, but won't go into further detail regarding her definite cause of death.
Thank you so much 😊. I will contact Staatsarchiv Hamburg for information about my great grandmother.

I contacted Staatsarchiv Hamburg and received an answer yesterday. They didn’t have anything on her. Most of the journal they have start in 1920. I appreciate all of the help you have given me 😊. Thank you so much đŸ„°

ZurĂŒck
Oben