I need some advice - help finding a couple

Hello
In my search for information about my cousin Thorwald Boie i received his birth certificate yesterday. And to my suprise i learn that he was adopted my his fathers wife.
Thorwald Boie was born 9/9-1933 in Hamurg by Lucie Kröger & Hermann Carl Nikolaus Boie. 15/10-1948 he was adopted by Frieda Maria Sterzing Boie.

How can i find more info regarding Hermann and Frieda? Is there any archives that can provide this information. Any help is appreciated.

Good evening.

What information are you looking for?

I don‘t understand the details you provide:
-was Thorwald an illegitimate son of Lucie Kröger and Hermann Boie?

-or were Kröger and Boie married and Kröger died or that marriage was divorced?

-where did you find the information that Frieda adopted Thorwald and what exactly does this text tell?

-when did Frieda and Hermann marry?

Thanks, Vera

Good evening.

What information are you looking for?

I don‘t understand the details you provide:
-was Thorwald an illegitimate son of Lucie Kröger and Hermann Boie?

-or were Kröger and Boie married and Kröger died or that marriage was divorced?

-where did you find the information that Frieda adopted Thorwald and what exactly does this text tell?

-when did Frieda and Hermann marry?

Thanks, Vera
Hello Vera

Thorwald is illegitimate son of Lucie Kröger and Hermann Boie. I received his birth certificate yesterday from Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg. I send a email regarding the mother and got the answer that he was adopted in 1948. I know nothing about Hermann and Frieda. Where can i find informasion about them. I am at a loss her….

Hello Nina.

What in detail does the birth record tell about the father?

That information would provide a hint where to continue your search.

And since Thorwald is only your cousin and thus no relative in direct line, you may run into data projection situations.

Vera

Hello Nina.

What in detail does the birth record tell about the father?

That information would provide a hint where to continue your search.

And since Thorwald is only your cousin and thus no relative in direct line, you may run into data projection situations.

Vera
Hello Vera

I have not received any informasion other then the info from the birth certificate. I have send a new email and i hope they can give me futher info. Thank you so much 🥰

Nina

Hermann Carl Nikolaus Boie was born on January 22 (corrected by the registrar on the basis of the main register), 1894 in Hamburg and died on June 6, 1970 in Hamburg-Wandsbek. His birth certificate with the names of the parents etc. can be found at Ancestry.

Frieda Maria Sterzing was born on January 4, 1899 in Hamburg and married for the first time in 1935 in Hamburg-Altona, No. 44/1935. She died on August 24, 1986 in Hamburg-Altona. You can also find Frieda's birth certificate at Ancestry.
Jan

I am trying to find Thorwald Boie baptism, but thats hard. In Norway you can get access to original baptism information in adoption cases. What is the practice in Germany.

Zurück
Oben