Braunschweig records for Carl Anthon Rendorf and Christoph Rendorfs

The marriage record for Carl Anthon Rendorf and Christiana in Frankenberg can be found here.
The translations and transcriptions I have are as follows:

Der Traueintrag vom 03.11.1799 lautet wie folgt (S. 50, Bild 667):"[Nummer des Hauses] 461. November 3. Carl Anthon Rendorf, Waid- undSchönfärber, des wey. [weiland] Christoph Rendorfs, Bürger undVerwalters in Braunschweig, nachgelaßner Sohn, mit Frau Christiana, deswey. Christian Raids nachgelaßene Wittwe, wurden von mir im Hausecopulirt. Opfer 19 ..., 6 .... [Münzbezeichnungen]."

The marriage entry of November 3rd, 1799 reads as follows (p. 50, picture 667):"[Number of the house] 461. November 3rd Carl Anthon Rendorf, Waid- und Schönfärber, des wey. [Weiland] Christoph Rendorf, citizen and administrator in Braunschweig, son of the estate, with wife Christiana, of the wey. Christian Raid, widow, estate, were copulated by me in the house. Sacrifice 19 ..., 6 .... [coin denominations]. "House number 462. Carl Anton Rendorf, Wood and Whitewasher, son of former citizen and administrator in Brunswick, deceased, with his wife Christiana, formerly widow of Christian Raid, deceased, were married at their house with donation of [coin denominations].

I am trying to find the Rendorf family in Braunschweig - I need to know if I am looking in the correct location in Niedersachsen. I have been unable to find the Rendorf name so far in records before 1800, though it may be my difficulties in reading the writing. Does anyone have recommendations for my search? Is this the right location and are all the records available for this location?

Thank you.

Good morning.

Here a quote from the webpage of the "Evangelische Landeskirche Braunschweig" with regard to availability of Braunschweig church registers prior(!) to 1815/1830

"" Familienforschung​

Die im Zuge der Reformation des Fürstentums Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel nach Vorschrift der Kirchenordnung von 1569 eingeführten Kirchenbücher liegen heute an verschiedenen Orten:
  • im Niedersächsischen Landesarchiv, Abteilung Staatsarchiv Wolfenbüttel: älteste Kirchenbücher bis 1814
  • im Landeskirchlichen Archiv Wolfenbüttel: Originalkirchenbücher der braunschweigischen Lande ab 1815 bis ins 20. Jahrhundert (teilweise auch Digitalisate; aus dem ehemaligen Landkreis Goslar Mikrofiches und Digitalisate aller älteren Kirchenbücher, zum Teil Originale, auch aus der Zeit vor 1815)
  • in den Kirchengemeinden: Nicht abgegebene ältere und laufende Kirchenbücher
  • im Stadtarchiv Braunschweig: ältere Kirchenbücher der Stadt Braunschweig bis 1830 "

At this very moment (may be that will change at any undefined point of time in the future) you will not be able to find anything for the City of Braunschweig here at Archion because the relevant church registers are part of the holdings of the city archive (Stadtarchiv) of Braunschweig.

In addition these church registers aren't online available at all.

Sorry for no better news.

Good morning.

Here a quote from the webpage of the "Evangelische Landeskirche Braunschweig" with regard to availability of Braunschweig church registers prior(!) to 1815/1830

"" Familienforschung​

Die im Zuge der Reformation des Fürstentums Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel nach Vorschrift der Kirchenordnung von 1569 eingeführten Kirchenbücher liegen heute an verschiedenen Orten:
  • im Niedersächsischen Landesarchiv, Abteilung Staatsarchiv Wolfenbüttel: älteste Kirchenbücher bis 1814
  • im Landeskirchlichen Archiv Wolfenbüttel: Originalkirchenbücher der braunschweigischen Lande ab 1815 bis ins 20. Jahrhundert (teilweise auch Digitalisate; aus dem ehemaligen Landkreis Goslar Mikrofiches und Digitalisate aller älteren Kirchenbücher, zum Teil Originale, auch aus der Zeit vor 1815)
  • in den Kirchengemeinden: Nicht abgegebene ältere und laufende Kirchenbücher
  • im Stadtarchiv Braunschweig: ältere Kirchenbücher der Stadt Braunschweig bis 1830 "

At this very moment (may be that will change at any undefined point of time in the future) you will not be able to find anything for the City of Braunschweig here at Archion because the relevant church registers are part of the holdings of the city archive (Stadtarchiv) of Braunschweig.

In addition these church registers aren't online available at all.

Sorry for no better news.
Thank you so much for the information.

Zurück
Oben