Waldulversheim

Good day everyone,
I'm writing a book on my Becker family that came from Walulversheim, Germany. I believe it is now called Uelversheim. I have found my 5th great grandparents (Christoph) in the village of Biebelheim and his son also (Friedrich) who eventually moved to Waldulversheim. Friedrich I believe had nine sons. All my information comes from a historian here in Wisconsin. He lists dates for some births, marriages, and deaths and references Walulversheim church records. But I can't find these church records. I'm coming to Germany this April to see if I can find some of this documentation but I need to know where to look. Could anyone tell me where I should look? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the information I know and hope to verify. Best Regards, Pete

Johann Friedrich Becker
b. about 1778 in Biebelnheim, Hesse
source: His age is listed as 67 years, 7 months and 19 days on his burial record
son of Christoph and Anna Maria (Zimmer) Becker
source: His parents are both named on his son George's 1849 civil marriage record.
m. Jan. 12, 1806 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: page 268, Waldülversheim church records
d. July 7, 1846 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: burial dated July 10, page 432, Waldülversheim church records
Anna Maria Grasmann , widow of Georg Roesch
b. about 1781 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: Her age is listed as 67 years, 8 months and 10 days on his burial record
daughter of Johann Georg Grasmann
source: Her father is named on her son George's 1849 civil marriage record (and as just Georg on her own church marriage record).
note: Her first husband died June 15, 1805 in Waldülversheim, they married September. 12, 1802 in Waldülversheim
d. Nov. 28, 1848 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: burial dated Nov. 30, page 436, Waldülversheim church records
Anna Maria had a son by her first husband:

1. Matthaus Roesch
b. June 8, 1804 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated June 9, page 11, Waldülversheim church records
d. June 14, 1805 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: burial dated June 16, page 369, Waldülversheim church records

Children of Friedrich and Anna Maria (Preissler) Becker:

2. Peter Becker
b. Mar. 18, 1807 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Mar. 22, page 18, Waldülversheim church records
m. Dec. 30, 1832 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: page 287, Waldülversheim church records
to Maria Elisabetha Obermann
3. Johann Jacob Becker
b. Aug. 29, 1809 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Sep. 3, page 26, Waldülversheim church records
4. Friedrich Becker
b. June 26, 1811 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated June 27, page 32, Waldülversheim church records
m. Sep. 18, 1842 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: page 302, Waldülversheim church records
to Anna Maria Preissler
lived in the town of Richfield, Washington county, Wisconsin during the 1860 thru censuses
d. Oct. 16, 1892 at home in the town of Richfield, Washington county, Wisconsin
source: obituary, Hartford Press, Oct. 21, 1892, page 2
source: obituary, West Bend Democrat, Oct. 19, 1892, page 3
source: burial dated Oct. 19, no page number(s), St. John's Evangelical church in the town of Polk
buried at St. John's Evangelical cemetery in the town of Polk, Washington county, Wisconsin
5. Johannes Becker
b. Oct. 28, 1813 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Oct. 29, page 37, Waldülversheim church records
m. June 18, 1846 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: page 308, Waldülversheim church records
to Maria Katharina Stallmann
6. Georg Becker
b. Dec. 20, 1815 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Dec. 21, page 48, Waldülversheim church records
m. June 27, 1849 in Mainz, Hesse Darmstadt
source: Mainz civil marriage records for 1849, record 101
to Maria Anna Ritz , widow of Joseph Scheef
d. May 5, 1876 in Hesse Darmstadt
source: His date of death is from a family register indexed on ancestry.com
7. Wilhelm Becker
b. Aug. 26, 1818 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Aug. 29, page 55, Waldülversheim church records
m. 1852 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: page 319, Waldülversheim church records
to Maria Magdalena Weyrich
d. Mar. 9, 1901 in Hesse Darmstadt
source: His date of death is listed in an annotation in the margin of his baptism
8. Ludwig Becker
b. Oct. 27, 1820 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Oct. 29, page 65, Waldülversheim church records
9. Johan Phillip Becker
b. May 7, 1823 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated May 9, 1823, page 74, Waldülversheim church records
10. Andrew Becker
b. Nov. 18, 1825 in Waldülversheim, Hesse
source: baptism dated Nov. 22, page 79, Waldülversheim church records
m. Feb. 15, 1858 by John Metz, justice of the peace at the home of Louis Ege in the town of Polk, Washington county, Wisconsin
source: Washington county courthouse, marriage certificate #540
to Johanna Keller
lived in Milwaukee Ward 7, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin during the 1870 census
d. April 10, 1878 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
source: burial dated April 13, page 419, Friedens, Milwaukee
buried at Calvary cemetery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The parish registers of Biebelnheim are available here on Archion. In the register of the reformed church you can find a record for Johann Friedrich Becker:

born 18th November 1778, baptized 21st November 1778. The father's name is Johann Christoph Becker, the mother is named Anna Catharina.

To see the record you need to buy a pass for Archion.

Hello Peter.

None of the desired records for Walduelversheim are already online available at Archion as of yet.

I trust your fellow researcher used church registers for Waldülversheim [Walduelversheim] being part of the holdings of FamilySearch in order to find all those records.

But step-by-step:

According to this book

Wald-Uelversheim, seit 1930 wieder Uelversheim (—Leiningen; a, b) Civ [M 1798] 1800 StA
  • e - evangelisch (vor 1825 l.) Tf Tr St Kf 1801; bei Dolgesheim
  • l. Tf 1701–47 Tr 1701–45 St 1701–43; Bm l. Tf 1703–1800 Tr 1701–99 St 1701–1800 Kf 1794, 1796
  • k - katholisch bei Weinolsheim
In other words: Evangelical / Lutheran church records for Walduelversheim can be found in the church registers for Dolgesheim.

Back to the FamilySearch holdings:

In addition the State Archive of Rheinland-Pfalz / Rhineland-Palatinate also describes in the following PDF file where / in which archives church registers are to be found:

On page 375 of 415 you will find Uelversheim > see Dolgesheim

On page 74 of 415 you will find Dolgesheim > with reference to : Zentralarchiv der Evangelischen Kirche in Hessen und Nassau in Darmstadt

Contact data for the Darmstadt archive are to be found here:

A bit complicated.... I know.

Kind regards, Vera

Hello,

it is even more complicated. Although it was serviced from Dolgesheim, according to this info from the above mentioned "Zentralarchiv der Evangelischen Kirche in Hessen und Nassau in Darmstadt" Uelversheim had separate church registers.

https://www.ekhn-zentralarchiv.findbuch.net/php/main.php#303234342d32x2756

Most likely I will be at the archive beginning of March. If you want, I can check while I am there.

By the way, the stated State Archive link is no longer maintained unfortunately. The current document is available at

https://www.landeshauptarchiv.de/fi...enbuchverzeichnis_übergreifend_18.12.2023.pdf

Regards, Andreas

Most likely I will be at the archive beginning of March. If you want, I can check while I am there.

By the way, the stated State Archive link is no longer maintained unfortunately. The current document is available at

https://www.landeshauptarchiv.de/fi...enbuchverzeichnis_übergreifend_18.12.2023.pdf

Right, the current document is now stored in a different location. Thanks, Andreas.
However, the relevant information for Peter -regarding Walduelversheim / Dolgesheim- are as is, say unchanged.

@rekcebpeter

If you want to agree to Peter's offer to do some research on your behalf, I'd suggest that you agree on the details by Private Message (PM) > see envelope in the upper right corner of this window.

Thanks and kind regards,
Vera

The parish registers of Biebelnheim are available here on Archion. In the register of the reformed church you can find a record for Johann Friedrich Becker:
born 18th November 1778, baptized 21st November 1778. The father's name is Johann Christoph Becker, the mother is named Anna Catharina.
In this baptism record as godfather ist listed:
‘Joh:⟨ann⟩ Friedrich Zimmer von Engelstatt, Ledigen Standes, der Mutter Bruder’
(mother’s brother)

So you know where she’s born - and
you find her marriage record there (in Engelstadt) in 1773
https://www.archion.de/p/5261090abc/
(unfortunately without parents’ names)

Birth Anna Catharina Zimmer 25th March 1753, father Johann Jacob Zimmer, mother Anna Otilia:

Marriage Johann Jacob Zimmer and Anna Otilia Brand on 31st October 1741:

To see the record you need to buy a pass for Archion.

In this baptism record as godfather ist listed:
‘Joh:⟨ann⟩ Friedrich Zimmer von Engelstatt, Ledigen Standes, der Mutter Bruder’
(mother’s brother)

So you know where she’s born - and
you find her marriage record there (in Engelstadt) in 1773
https://www.archion.de/p/5261090abc/
(unfortunately without parents’ names)
Thank you, not only did I find her marriage record, but her birth record in Engelstadt and her parents names. Thank you for all the help. The hardest part is learning the regions, districts, and municipalities, but it is educating.

Hello,

it is even more complicated. Although it was serviced from Dolgesheim, according to this info from the above mentioned "Zentralarchiv der Evangelischen Kirche in Hessen und Nassau in Darmstadt" Uelversheim had separate church registers.

https://www.ekhn-zentralarchiv.findbuch.net/php/main.php#303234342d32x2756

Regards, Andreas
Andreas, you mentioned that you will be at the archives. This is what I was looking for, where are the archives, Dolgesheim. I'm going to be in Germany for several weeks in April and would love to see them. I want to follow the correct procedures here, so should I PM you like Vera said? I have a person in Uelersheim that is going to help me translate documents. Thanks again!

Zurück
Oben