Vaccination Record 1867

I have copy of an 1867 vaccination record, marked "12ter [?] Schleswigscher Physikat District. Specific location give "Bloasbog" [Blasburg?] Toth. Believed to be for my GGM who is said to have been adopted by the Joost family in Schleswig before their immigration to America circa 1871. The handwriting on the record is not clear for the last name. It appears to be "Lillas", but I can find no one of that surname in church/census records. Where might I locate the original of the record for help deciphering the name? Who would have adoption records for 1867 - 1872? Thank you so much.

>... handwriting on the record is not clear for the last name. It appears to be "Lillas" ...<

Please, is there a link to see this handwritten note ?
Maybe first of all we could help to decipher it.

BG.

You should contact this genealogical, non-profit society.

https://www.aggsh.de/german/

Near the top of this site there‘s a linked page „Impressum“. Click on it and you‘ll find an email address of the contact person: Mr Voss.

When you contact him include precise information, like exact names and dates of the people you are looking for and attach a copy of this „vaccination record“.

The family name Joost or similar is widely spread - at least in this northern German region. That said, the more precise you are, the better your chances to finally succeed.

Good luck.

The copy of the record that I have was passed down in the family and unfortunately I do not know how they came by it. Thank you for the help though in searching for more information. Thanks to Archion I now have the names of several more people on the Joost family side! The question now is, how did they come to adopt this little girl whose name does not match with anyone else so far, but has a vaccination record in a geographical area nearby to where her "step" family stayed for several generations. Also love to learn more about the history of this area.

These records may be archived in the state archive of Schleswig-Holstein:

Landesarchiv Schleswig-Holstein

Click on the Link "arcinsys" and enter "Sanitaetsbehoerden" in the search form (Suche => Einfache Suche). They have 7 metres of records from the "Physikate zu Schleswig"

It is not digitized and I would not be too sure, that it really includes names of vaccinated people. It might be easier to first look after other sources.

I live near Schleswig and have no clue where a location named "bloasbog" might be. Are you sure it is a location? Looks more like something in danish like "blue book". Even "lillas" sounds danish.
Where did you find the Joost family?

Thanks to you all. I will try contacting the Archives. The Joost family is in Gottorp and Grumbye (spelling variations?) circa 1845 to 1860. Before that I'd have to look the locations more closely. They were small farmers, and my 2nd GGF was a day laborer. He only had two children. My ancestors appear to have left from Schleswig in 1871. I have just gotten a translation of a notation made in 1860 on a Lutheran baptismal record from 1808. It indicates my ancestors were becoming Baptists in that year. Maybe that will help locate them more specifically from 1860 to 1870.

Zurück
Oben