Reading Assistance Please

This record is really hard to read, if anyone can fill in some of the missing words and/or correct mistakes I made, I would really appreciate it.

94) den 22 Nov. ist Jonas Niendorfs hüffner und ? in Langenlippsdorfs, Andreas Niendorfs ? und ? deselbst ? ...?... Junggeselle, und Jungfrau Johanna Dorothea Dalichau, Christian Dalich? ...?... allhier ... Tochter nach ? Aufgebot? allhier ? copoliert worde.

Thank you,

Tina

my suggestion:

94) den 22 ten Nov. ist Jonas Niendorff hüffner und Einwohner
in Langenlippsdorff, Andreas Niendorffs auch Hüffners und
Einwohners daselbst ehelich eintziger Sohn ers?ter Ehe ein
Junggeselle, und Jungfer Johanna Dorothea Dalichoin,
Christian Dalicho weyland Erb= Lehen= und Gerichtsschultzens
allhier hinterlaßene eheleibliche⟩ Tochter nach dreymaligen
Aufgebot allhier öffentlich copuliret worden.

my suggestion:

94) den 22 ten Nov. ist Jonas Niendorff hüffner und Einwohner
in Langenlippsdorff, Andreas Niendorffs auch Hüffners und
Einwohners daselbst ehelich eintziger Sohn ers?ter Ehe ein
Junggeselle, und Jungfer Johanna Dorothea Dalichoin,
Christian Dalicho weyland Erb= Lehen= und Gerichtsschultzens
allhier hinterlaßene eheleibliche⟩ Tochter nach dreymaligen
Aufgebot allhier öffentlich copuliret worden.
Thank you!

Need help understanding the following:

ehelich eintziger Sohn ers?ter Ehe

Legitimate only son from first wife, does only son imply only son born or only son still living?

Tochter nach dreymaligen

Does this mean she is the third daughter?

Thank you,

Tina

"ehelich eintziger Sohn erster Ehe" = only legitimate son from first marriage of his father

This can mean: only legitimate son from father's first marriage at all BUT ALSO only legitimate son from father's first marriage still living - what is correct needs to be closely researched by researching all children from father's first marriage

--------------------

Regarding "Tochter" - no, you interpretation is not correct, sorry.

The word "dreymaligen" refers to the following word "Aufgebot" = proclamation, not to the daughter.

The daughter is being referred to: "hinterlassene eheleibliche Tochter" > surviving legitimate daughter

Hope that helps to "clear the mud". :)

"ehelich eintziger Sohn erster Ehe" = only legitimate son from first marriage of his father

This can mean: only legitimate son from father's first marriage at all BUT ALSO only legitimate son from father's first marriage still living - what is correct needs to be closely researched by researching all children from father's first marriage

--------------------

Regarding "Tochter" - no, you interpretation is not correct, sorry.

The word "dreymaligen" refers to the following word "Aufgebot" = proclamation, not to the daughter.

The daughter is being referred to: "hinterlassene eheleibliche Tochter" > surviving legitimate daughter

Hope that helps to "clear the mud". :)
Thank you, I appreciate the explanation. The groom has several possibilities for his father, I am trying to determine if there are enough clues to narrow it down to the correct one.

I knew I had the incorrect understanding of dreymaligen, thank you for explaining it. :)

Tina

The groom has several possibilities for his father, I am trying to determine if there are enough clues to narrow it down to the correct one.

Groom's father: Andreas Niendorff, Huefner (farm owner)

-place of residence: Rohrbeck

-married at least twice

-still alive at least on 22 November 1768

So unless there aren't multiple men, named Andreas Niendorff, of almost the same age, at this same place, there should be a pretty good chance to identify the correct one.

Other than that: you're welcome.

Vera

Groom's father: Andreas Niendorff, Huefner (farm owner)

-place of residence: Rohrbeck

-married at least twice

-still alive at least on 22 November 1768

So unless there aren't multiple men, named Andreas Niendorff, of almost the same age, at this same place, there should be a pretty good chance to identify the correct one.

Other than that: you're welcome.

Vera
:)

Zurück
Oben