Pre 1830 Marburg Church Books

Would anyone know of the location of the pre 1830 Marburg church books? They have not been digitized by Archion. Are they available on-line anywhere else? Are there any plans to put them on Archion? Since I am descended from many old Marburg families, these records would be very helpful. I do research in the Marburg Sippenbuch but like to confirm the information with the actual church entries. Thank you.

Parish registers older than 1830 can be found in Staatsarchiv Marburg, unfortunately not available online. See here:

Just to be sure: You are aware of the Marburger Sippenbuch, covering the years up to about 1850? A digitized version is available here: https://wiki.genealogy.net/Marburg,_OFB

The church records themselves are, as already noted, at the Staatsarchiv in Marburg.

I don't think the church archive of Kurhessen-Waldeck has microfilms of those records. For example, the document eggi has shared (the Ortsverzeichnis der verfilmten Kirchenbücher) includes Amönau 1624-1830, and the original of that book is at the Staatsarchiv in Marburg. I have been in contact with the church archive about that book, and have been told that they do not have any microfilms of it, even though it is listed in that register. And yes, the Staatsarchiv does have microfilms of the Amönau church records (1637-1830; the years in the Ortsverzeichnis are wrong), which can be viewed at the archive in Marburg. Just not at the church archive.

EDIT: I see you mention the Sippenbuch. Never mind...

Since the records are kept at the Marburg archive, which to my knowledge does not yet participate in Archion, I don't think those records will appear on Archion any time soon (if ever). But if you visit the Marburg archive, they do have digitized versions (JPG images) of many of the church records (they do have colour images of the Amönau records, for example), which can be accessed at the PCs in their reading room. I don't know if digitized images of the Marburg church records exist, but they definitely have microfilms. Using them is free of charge; making copies comes with a small fee.

Would anyone know of the location of the pre 1830 Marburg church books? They have not been digitized by Archion. Are they available on-line anywhere else? Are there any plans to put them on Archion? Since I am descended from many old Marburg families, these records would be very helpful. I do research in the Marburg Sippenbuch but like to confirm the information with the actual church entries. Thank you.
I'm in the same boat as you. Unfortunately the Sippenbuch is the only reference we can look up online at this time.
As @Reibach-Max123 stated, it seems unlikely we will see the Marburg records online any time soon.

I don't know if digitized images of the Marburg church records exist, but they definitely have microfilms. Using them is free of charge; making copies comes with a small fee.
I have used the Marburg church books at the Marburg state archive; they are indeed digitized and can be accessed via PC in the reading room. You can take photographs from the PC display for free. In my experience, if you have just one or two records you want and you know the exact date [for example from the Marburger Sippenbuch], the archivists are happy to e-mail you a copy of the relevant entry for free (because billing you would cost more than what they would receive in fees).

Zurück
Oben