Name Change?

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
I was looking at records in Bischhausen 1776-1821, and then I wondered if Nicolaus Müller changed his name. Nicolaus Müller was a shepherd born in Bischhausen and married to Anne Michaelin. They had children but then in 1788, Nicolaus's Wife died. I did other forum posts and Nicolaus was alive when Anne died. I can't find any record after 1788 of Nicolaus Müller (exept for his son's marriage in 1793 where it lists him as alive).

I'd appreciate any advice or feedback.

Quoting from your other thread - advice, dated last Saturday:

....-Bischhausen‘s church registers have death indexes starting in 1734 - make detailed use of these
etc. ——- If you really cannot find him there, then he most likely died anywhere else and due to this very common family name it is more or less close to pure luck to find him.

„…Schäfer oder Schafmeister (opilio = Schafhirte) waren eng in die ständische Gesellschaft eingebunden. Sie waren zwar keine hörigen Bauern, aber doch immer von ihrer jeweiligen Dienstherrschaft abhängig. Die dörfliche Gemeinschaft beschäftigte jeweils einen Gemeindeschafmeister, auch Bauernschafmeister genannt, welcher die Schafe der einzelnen Bauern hütete, während der Amtsschafmeister für die Herden des Grundherren zuständig war. Ihre eigenen Schafe ließen die Schäfer"mitlaufen". Nicht selten kamen sie zu beträchtlichem Wohlstand.
Sie genossen eine gewisse Freizügigkeit, konnten sich also ihre Dienstherrschaft wählen. Oft zogen sie herum.
Erst nach den Bauernbefreiungen und der Einführung der Gewerbefreiheit können wir von selbständigen Schäfern sprechen….“

Quelle:

So two more question, would he have died some place close to his hometown? Also, if I found his birth record, would i find his death date?

Question #1: may be - the hit ratio of my crystal ball is kind of limited - search the church registers of the surrounding places

Question #2: it's anything between pure luck to most unlikely in the 18th Century that a note might be added to the birth record telling were and when the person died.

Question #1: may be - the hit ratio of my crystal ball is kind of limited - search the church registers of the surrounding places

Question #2: it's anything between pure luck to most unlikely in the 18th Century that a note might be added to the birth record telling were and when the person died.
Thanks, I'll let you know if I found something or need help. Again, Thanks.

No - definitely not "Niclaus Sohlen/Sohler" --- immediately forget about that "name change" thing.

Again: you have no indication/proof whatsoever that Nicolaus Müller was born in Bischhausen. His wife, Anna, was born there, but not he!

On January 7, 1786 Johann George, legitimate son of the inhabitant Nicolaus Muller from here was married to Anna Elisabeth, legitimate daughter of the deceased inhabitants Johannes Nickel from Harmuthsachsen.
This took place in Bischhausen, so he comes from here. More evidence:
Johann George: son of Nicolaus Müller from here [was baptized] on October 30. Godfather was the young Johann George, second son of Michael Müller from here.

No, your translation of the 1763 birth/baptism record is not precise.

It does not say that Nicolaus Müller was from here. It simply says: Johann Georg, Nicolaus Müllers Söhnlein am....

And it explicitly outlines about the godfather: ...des hiesigen Michael Müller sein 2ter Sohn - say the godfather is from Bischhausen. His birth/baptism record exists in Bischhausen church registers.

In 1786 Nicolaus Müller apparently was an inhabitant in Bischhausen, but that doesn't necessarily make him born there.

*Note: I'm not going to discuss this over and over again.

Final post: You need to search for him - at least for his death record - start in the surrounding places / church registers.

It's also even possible that children of his were born/baptized in the surrounding places.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben