Lutheran to Baptist 1860

There is a note on the Lutheran baptismal record for my 2nd GGMother Christina Johannsen, 1808,in Tolk that has a note in the margin, dated May of 1860. The notation indicates that Christina and her husband Detlof Joost are becoming "Baptist". I can track this family in Tolk, Schleswig (mostly in Gottorp), from the February 1860 census going back, but need help finding them 1860 to 1871. There is an immigration record, that I believe is them leaving for the United States in 1871, out of Hamberg. That record says the couple is from Tolk, Schleswig. I believe their daughter Marie Frediericke Christina Joost married Jochim Thomsen somewhere around 1869-1870. Marie and Jochim do not leave for the U.S. until 1881, and I believe they are Baptist. I have not been able to find their marriage record. This change in 1860 from the Lutheran faith would explain a few things for me. Are there any Baptist records in the Tolk, Schleswig are that I could check? Thank you!

Thank you. That's them. I have docs from Archion leading up to 1860, and census records from Ancestry through 1860. The problem is, Johann Detlev/Detlof Joost and wife, Christina, are said to have "adopted" a little girl (Mary UNK, born abt 1865), sometime before they left Germany in 1871. I am trying to confirm that they are the couple from Tolk, Schleswig leaving from Hamburg in 1871. There is in fact a child of the right age, named Maria, with them, but there is also an older female, Maria, that should NOT be their daughter. It would help to find the Joosts, somewhere in that decade from May-June of 1860 (after census) and through 1871. I'm on a learning curve with research in this area, but after looking at many things, beginning to wonder if the answer to part of the question is in documents I will have to request from the Danish Archives.

Zurück
Oben