Friedrich Johan Meyer - 29.09.1648 Hamburg

Dear members.

I have problems to read the church records here:

TAUFEN 1646 - 1650

Landeskirchliches Archiv der Evangelisch-Lutherischen Kirche in NorddeutschlandKirchenkreis Hamburg-West SüdholsteinHbg-Altona HK St. Trinitatis

I am looking for Friedrich Johan Meyer, born 29.09.1648 in Hamburg. He later came to Helsingör as inspector at "Der Sundzoll" in Denmark and died there 1720. May he was christened in another parish in Hamburg, and not St. Trinitatis?

Is there anyone who are researching Meyer families who came from Hamburg to Helsingör and Copenhagen?

I do understand the language if you want to write in german.

Thank you.

Gry Onarheim Dahlmo, Norwegen.

I am sorry, but no.
On that page isn't any christening of a child with the name Friedrich Johan Meyer or the like - not even with the pure family name Meyer.

Sorry again.

The date range covered on this page runs from:

[top of left side] 12 p. Trin. = 12 post Trinitatis = 12th Sunday after Trinity Sunday = 30 August 1648

to

21 9br = 21 November 1648 [end on right side]

I am sceptical that you will be able to find the baptism entry in Altona if the indication you have is Hamburg. Altona belongs to Hamburg only since 1937/38. You will not find Hamburg (Altstadt) in Archion, because the records are all in the Hamburg State Archives (baptisms in St. Petri from 1603, St. Nicolai from 1607, St. Jacobi from 1607, St. Catharinen from 1614, according to the Genealogical Society Hamburg).

....You will not find Hamburg (Altstadt) in Archion, because the records are all in the Hamburg State Archives (baptisms in St. Petri from 1603, St. Nicolai from 1607, St. Jacobi from 1607, St. Catharinen from 1614, according to the Genealogical Society Hamburg).
Thank you - this was very helpful information.

Zurück
Oben