Feedback

I have been using Archion since receiving my invitation a few days ago. So far, so good.

Although English is my first language and the EN option is not yet implemented, the site is easy enough to navigate.

I am disappointed in the scope of the church books that are available and hope that the present selection is not representative of what to expect when Archion goes public. I wonder, for example, why the church books for Aufsess (Forchheim) are not included with the church books from Bavaria. I know that the archive in Nürnberg has these books digitized because I used their facilities a few years ago. Have they been deliberately excluded from the beta-test or have they just not been uploaded yet. Also, the Browse features takes one to Kirchenkreis Minden/Windheim in Westfalen but no images are available.

Regarding the image quality, it would be nice to have more continuous scaling (zoom) of the images than the present four levels of magnification. I have also noticed that at times the speed of the connection is basically non-functional. I expect that this is a problem on Archion's end and it would likely get even worse when the site goes public unless measures are taken to handle the demand on the site.

Hier wird nicht zum ersten Mal ein interessantes Problem angesprochen. Obwohl Kirchenbücher digitalisiert worden sind liegen sie Archion offenbar nicht vor.
Das ist natürlich ein Problem der Landesarchive warum sie die Digitalisate zurückhalten aber Archion sollte in eigenem Interesse hier nachfragen.

Bernd

Good evening,

I am disappointed in the scope of the church books that are available and hope that the present selection is not representative of what to expect when Archion goes public.
Indeed currently not all delivered books are available online. We're still processing them. They're going online one by one all the day.

Regarding the image quality, it would be nice to have more continuous scaling (zoom) of the images than the present four levels of magnification.
Quantity of zoom levels depend from document to document, depending on the resolution provided by the responsible archive. Due to technical restrictions there are only fixed zoom levels available at the moment.[/quote]

I have also noticed that at times the speed of the connection is basically non-functional. I expect that this is a problem on Archion's end and it would likely get even worse when the site goes public unless measures are taken to handle the demand on the site.
Speed will improve by March. Currently we're using all available resources to process further documents and get them online as soon as possible.

I have been using archion this month and getting along very well. Navigation is fairly easy to understand and the images show up very well. I have one question. When I browsed for Wohra, there are 9 books listed, but in the search only 7 of them are available to view. Is this because they have not been photographed or are just not part of the beta phase? Also, will we be able to see what books are available before subscribing? Thank you for allowing me to be part of this. I have enjoyed it greatly.

Hi,

I have been using archion this month and getting along very well. Navigation is fairly easy to understand and the images show up very well. I have one question. When I browsed for Wohra, there are 9 books listed, but in the search only 7 of them are available to view. Is this because they have not been photographed or are just not part of the beta phase? Also, will we be able to see what books are available before subscribing? Thank you for allowing me to be part of this. I have enjoyed it greatly.
Available books are amrked with a green background (in browse) and are searchable by setting the Filter to "Digitalisate" (which shows only available books). Both methods are available without paying or even without login. Import is still running, so please stand by :)

Zurück
Oben