Ehlenz, Bitburg, Rhineland

Does anyone know where I might find the Catholic Parish records for Ehlenz, Bitburg, Rheinland?

The family I am researching:
Joannes Weisen B. 1806 and his wife Klara Neufeind B. 1811. They married in Ehlenz in 1832.
They had 12 children before leaving Germany for America in 1857.

Are the records for Ehlenz available online?

There's a Familienbuch for Ehlenz: (see https://rpb.lbz-rlp.de/rpbgooi/sn200000/sn207000/sn207000_$.htm)
(unfortunately not online)

Naumann, Werner. - Familienbuch der Pfarrei Ehlenz, Dekanat Kyllburg. - zusammengestellt und bearbeitet von Werner Naumann (Mitgl. d. Westd. Ges. f. Familienk.). - Trier. - Werner Naumann. - 1996. - 1996. - XI, 346 Seiten. -
BEHANDELTE ORTE: Ehlenz. - Oberweiler / Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm. - Mauel-Staudenhof. - Oberpierscheid-Merkeshausen. - Schleid / Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm. - Heilenbach. - Oberweiler-Beifels. - Ehlenz-Ackerburg. - Ehlenz-Schäfersmühle. -
SACHLICHE EINORDNUNG: Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Genealogie. - Ehlenz ; Oberweiler / Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm ; Staudenhof ; Beifels ; Ackerburg ; Schäfersmühle ; Merkeshausen ; Schleid / Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm ; Heilenbach ; Familie ; Geschichte 1671-1899 ; Verzeichnis. - Details...

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know which division of the Catholic Diocese has control of the original church book records for this location?

Ehlenz, Bitburg, Rhineland​

The LDS FamilySearch.org has microfilmed and digitized the original books. They are unable to "Legally" provide copies of the original records.
They do provide a transcripted version, though.

Since you are located in the US you should not have any issues to access the microfilmed records at any FamilySearch Center in the US.

(Access and distribution of these films is only limited in Europe!)

Other than that, as mentioned in the LDS film notes the Bistumsarchiv Trier is the division in charge.

Quote:
"""
Since you are located in the US you should not have any issues to access the microfilmed records at any FamilySearch Center in the US."""

That used to be true. Finding an LDS church that is open, has persons available, so that you may go to one of their local facilities, has been problematic in recent years. I used to do that in the mid 2000's.

But thank you for your response.

Well, my own recent experience in the US is different / although compared to the past they reduced their capacities - but, well that is, of course, totally out of relevance.

Have you already tried to use their Look-up Service?

Use the index to find the record - fill out the form - sent it to the LDS Look-up Service team - wait a few days - and voilá you get a copy of the desired record.

Or you hire a professional researcher in the Salt Lake area to get you the desired record copies.

Anyway, all the best for your research.

Zurück
Oben