Broesecke birth 10 July 1748

Please help. I'm trying to understand why entry number 13, Johann Gottfried Brosecke got his surname. It lists his mother as Catharina Sophia Michelin but not the father? If he was born out of wedlock, why was he given six godparents.? Usually illegitimate births are only two godparents. Any ideas? Thank you again.https://www.archion.de/p/ab39d4e8c9/

meines Erachtens lautet der Familienname des angeblichen Vaters

Preseke

Als Vergleich insbesondere zum "k" siehe hier in "Pilckenrothen" (später: Bilckenroth / Bilkenroth")

@gsemerick
Usually illegitimate births are only two godparents.

Were did you find such pattern / "rule"?

I believe this is the alleged father's last name

Preseke

For a comparison, especially to the "k" , see here in " Pilc k enrothen" (later: B ilckenroth / Bilkenroth")

@gsemerick

Were did you find such pattern / "rule"?
I have found many out of wedlock births in the Brosecke and Alsleben families and all had two godparents... I know from the mother his name was Broesecke when he married and died and all gave the same mother Catherine Sophia Michaelin, who apparently never married.

I have found many out of wedlock births in the Brosecke and Alsleben families and all had two godparents...

Ah yah, understood - however, to take that for granted as a general rule is -sorry to say it- wrong!

Other than that you now know where the family name Bröseke / Preseke had it‘s introduction into your family.

Zurück
Oben