Where is Jatznick, Pommern records please?

Louisa Pasewald was born on Dec. 26, 1851 in Jatznick, Uckermunde. She was on the ship in 1871, her birth year was shown as 1853.

Her mother, Charlotte Pasewald was born on April 16, 1809 in Germany. She was on the ship in 1872, her birth year was shown as 1814 and her last residence was Pasewalk Pommern. I don’t have any information on her husband. Maybe Pasewald.

I still don’t know her maiden name before she married Pasewald. She had four daughters. Do I need to type in more info? But first off with two ladies for now.

Thank you for reading this. Hope all is well with you! -Laurie

The parish of Zerrenthin consists of the three rural parishes of Jatznick, Zerrenthin and Rollwitz with the ten parish villages of Jatznick, Belling, Zerrenthin, Polzow, Wetzenow, Roggow, Rossow, Krugsdorf, Uhlenkrug, Rollwitz, Schmarsow and Züsedom as well as the nine villages Koblentz, Caselow, Borken, Breitenstein, Marienthal, Riesenbrück, Rödershorst, Rothenburg, Peterswalde, Damerow, Sandförde and Waldeshöhe.

The books from Jatznick have not yet been filmed or digitized. Therefore, the archive in Greifswald cannot help either.

So, as far as I know, the only possibility is to contact the responsible Pfarramt in Zerrenthin.

Best regards
Jan

Good news: My 2020 state of knowledge is outdated. The church records of Zerrenthin and Jatznick are now (brand new) also digitized. They are not yet uploaded to Archion, that will take some time. But you can contact the Kirchenkreisarchiv in Greifswald. Since the digitized files still have to be processed, the data will probably not be available in Greifswald for research until July. Jan

Here's a little tip, but maybe you already know it. The Pasewalk Church Records are now on Archion. But you should also definitely take a look at the Dargitz church books, they are also new. There are many entries from the surrounding communities, including Jatznick. But some of them are very difficult to read. There are some transcripts of this at FamilySearch, but unfortunately they are incomplete.
My last ancestor is Maria Dorothea Pasewald, * around 1768,
+ 26 August 1833 in Ferdinandshof.

Good luck with your search

Zurück
Oben