St. Pauli records in Altona for the Hoyrup family

I have complied information on the Jens Christian Hoyrup family from various sources including Ancestry, birth data from Geburts- und Taufregister: Alphabetisches Gesamtregister (1816-1866) and Leichenregister: Alphabetisches Gesamtregister (1816-1866) from the Staatsarchiv, and annnouncements in German newspapers from Europeana.eu. Jens Christian Hoyrup was a ship's captain who traveled all over the world so his records are found in the UK, China and Denmark.

Jens Christian Hoyrup *21 Aug 1817 Fredericia, Denmark + 31 Jul 1873 Chefoo, China
oo Maria Petersen Staats * 30 Mar 1831, Sonderborg, Denmark +3 Sep 1866 (Hamburg newspapers)
1) Jens Johann Jurgen Hoyrup *20 Feb 1852 (Baptised St. Pauli, Altona) +8 Oct 1901 Copenhagen
2) Unamed child */+ 31 Mar 1856
3) Hans Christian Ludwig Hoyrup +12 May 1858 Hamburg (Listed in newspapers but could not find in church records)
4) Anna Margaretha Henriette Alexa Hoyrup, *6 Oct 1860 + 26 Aug 1865 Altona, Hamburg (St. Pauli)
5) Anna Charlotte Hoyrup */+ 1864 (St. Pauli)
How can I get more information on this family, particularly for the marriage of JC Horyup and Maria P. Staats? There is no index for marriage for those dates in the Staatsarchiv and I could not find an announcement in the Hamburg newspapers. I presume most of the records are from St. Pauli, Altona. I presume the marriage is before 1852 and probably at St. Pauli where her sister was married in 1853.

Thank you and regards.

There are no "St. Pauli records in Altona". No individual was baptised, married or buried in Altona AND St. Pauli. Here you will find books from Altona, but not St. Pauli, as the latter are records of the Staatsarchiv in Hamburg, which unfortunately does not participate here.

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize that I got that wrong. Would there be indices for the marriages during that time at St. Pauli as well in the archives?
Thank you.

Hamburg is a complex subject, you don't have to apologise. I have not yet dealt with St. Pauli. There are various indices, as it seems, including a "Namenweiser zum Kopulationsregister" of the St. Paulikirche for the period 1820 to 1865:
https://recherche.staatsarchiv.hamburg.de/ScopeQuery5.2/detail.aspx?Id=1561590

I would wish, as I do not live in Hamburg, that the Staatsarchiv would start putting church records online. But I don't have any information on that and wouldn't wait for it. From Australia, if I were you, I would contact one of the genealogists recommended by the GGHH (Genealogische Gesellschaft Hamburg) who offer research in the Staatsarchiv for a fee:
http://gghhev.de/Download-Dateien/honorarforscher.pdf

Thank you very much for your help. I wish more of the indices were on line as this would make it easier to order, and if visiting the Staatsarchiv, it would make it much quicker to find the information in advance of a visit.

Zurück
Oben