Schultz, Friederich circa 1845

My friend is search for her grandfather, Frederich Schultz who was born at Bremen about 1845. He migrated to Melbourne Victoria Australia but we have been unable to find his date of migration. He was naturalized Australian in 1898. We have no idea of his parent's names or their location.
His first marriage was to Augusta Mosig here in Australia when he gave his place of birth as Bremen. It turns out that none of the church records I seek are available online: Bremerhaven-Lehe - St. Dionysii, from 1687; Geestemünde, from 1688; Imsum, from 1694; Schiffdorf, from 1686; Wulstorf, from 1687.
I was hoping for familienbuchen but cannot see how to access them. I would be very grateful for any further assistance.

Good Morning.

The longstanding and profound resource for genealogy in Bremen (and immediate surroundings; including shiplists -as fas as still available-) is the non-profit genealogical society "DIE MAUS Gesellschaft für Familienforschung Bremen e.V." (short: Maus Bremen). I would suggest to contact them.

There's also an article here informing about their most recent "genealogical milestone project"

Website and contact information: https://die-maus-bremen.info/

Good luck and I really keep my fingers crossed that you will be successful since "Schultz" (or variations thereof) is a really popular and widely spread family name in Germany.

Kind regards, Vera

Hello ratty,
at the „ Staatsarchiv Bremen“ you can online search the civil registrations between 1811 and 1875
There also is a directory of names.
It is do be expected though, that there may be quite a few Friederich Schulze born around 1845.
The church records your are searching for are not from Bremen. Is that research also related to the search for Friedrich Schulze, or is this a different research?
Greetings, Katharina

Zurück
Oben