Kirchenbücher Satrup/Struxdorf/Thumby

Hello fellow researchers and greetings from Australia.

I am trying to locate a death record for my ancestor Peter Christian(sen) Möller who was born in Asserballe, Denmark on the island of Als around 1773 (baptised 30.June 1773)

* He is recorded in three censuses as a Käthner and Schullehrer in Struxdorf between 1835-1845.
* 8 of his 10 known children were christened in Thumby
* His wife Maria Christine Andersen died 1845 (after the census took place) and her burial record mentions Peter was still alive and living in Struxdorf.
That is the last I can find of him, as by 1872 when a daughter died, he is mentioned as deceased.

I have looked in the Parish registers for Satrup, Struxdorf and Thumby from 1845 onwards with no luck. Unfortunately the registers in Thumby and Struxdorf do not go beyond 1853.

Is there some significance to the registers ending in the year 1853?
Would the later years be found elsewhere? Obviously civil registrations did not begin until much later so this leave a significant gap with no burial records.

Any help is welcome
Kind regards,
James

Hallo James

In another forum post, the following was remarked: "Why, for example, the church records after 1853 of Thumby and Struxdorf were not filmed, I don't know. ... At least the secondary books are in the church district archives as books and you can have copies made there."
Only the archives can tell you more. If the books are available, a search request (for a fee) should be possible. Contact:
https://www.kirchenkreis-schleswig-...v-des-kirchenkreises-schleswig-flensburg.html

Best wishes
Jan

Hallo James

In another forum post, the following was remarked: "Why, for example, the church records after 1853 of Thumby and Struxdorf were not filmed, I don't know. ... At least the secondary books are in the church district archives as books and you can have copies made there."
Only the archives can tell you more. If the books are available, a search request (for a fee) should be possible. Contact:
https://www.kirchenkreis-schleswig-...v-des-kirchenkreises-schleswig-flensburg.html

Best wishes
Jan
Thank you Jan,
This at least gives me some hope of finding what I need.

Zurück
Oben