Holzminden, Brunswick, Germany

I have a great-grandfather, Friedrich Heinrich Carl Mohlmann (umlaut o), born in Holzminden in 6 Nov 1827. He was Lutheran. Came to America in 1848. Died in 1919 in Ohio. I have received information from the jurisdiction that gives me this informtion from a local newspaper. I have had some communication with the Lutherkirche in Holzminden. They say that I should be patient as they are very busy. They say that the church records are the ONLY record. Archion does not have Holzminden records online nor does Family Search. I have not gotten any information since asking in October. Should I hire someone to go there and do the research? Carole Mehlmann Kyser

Hello Carole,

may be he wasn't born in the city of Holzminden but instead in the region around Holzminden.
The family name Möhlmann is not seldom there.

You wrote: >>I have received information from the jurisdiction that gives me this information from a local newspaper.<<

Please provide more detailed information - say: this means???

Let me look into this - may be I can help.

Kind regards, Vera

Hi Carole,
may be you already know, but the latest update of the "Ortsfamilienbuch Holzminden" mentions Friedrich Heinrich Carl Möhlmann you are searching for. https://www.online-ofb.de/famreport.php?ofb=holzminden&ID=I43650&lang=de

In case you need more help ask me. You can also contact Steffen Grimme who is responsible for the OFB Holzminden and named on the page. I am sure he will be grateful if you could give him more information about the emigration.
Werner

Hello Carole,

that‘s indeed wonderful news - special thanks to Werner for the „heads up“ as well.

Please note: your ancestor was born in Bevern, not in Holzminden.
Bevern is not and never was part of the city Holzminden.
It instead always was an independent community with own church registers.

(Your ancestor only appears in this online family book because his emigration in 1848 was published in a list / paper from the county Holzminden!)

Kind regards, Vera

Zurück
Oben