CARL FRITZ HEINRICH BEHNKE

Searching for Birth abt. 1868 of CARL F.H. BEHNKE of Hamburg, Germany. Father LUDWIG BEHNKE.
Sailed to Australia in 1886 on the Garonne from London after earlier sailing from Hamburg to London. He called himself CARL BEHNKE and CARL FREDERICK BEHNKE in N.S.W. Australia. Any help appreciated please. I do not speak German. Mother's name not known by Family.

Without a date of birth, the names of the parents or any other clue to the family, it is more than difficult. It is difficult anyway, because Hamburg is a large city with several parishes. Apart from that, the Hamburg church records are in the Hamburg State Archives. The archive does not participate in Archion. In Archion you will only find church records from places that later in history became Hamburg districts. You could contact a professional genealogist who can do research for you in the State Archives. You can find a list, for example, on the website of the Genealogical Society Hamburg GGHHEV. You could also make an inquiry there. They have a large database.

Yes, it would be helpful to have more information. For Hamburg (are you sure he was born there, or did he just leave from there?), you could also try contacting the church archives for Ostholstein at
archiv@kirche-hamburg-ost.de

www.archiv-hamburg-ost.de

www.kirche-hamburg-ost.de

If he just left from there, he could have been born anywhere in Germany....

I started a search for my 4x GGF in Hamburg and hit a brick wall. I finally figured out to reach out to this archive and ended up finding pretty much the whole family with their help (start with their info, then expanded search on ARCHION). There is a fee but well worth it. But they will need something specific to work with... do you have any documents? Do you have the passenger info for sailing from Hamburg?

I have worked a couple times with a genealogist in Schleswig Holstein. Let me know if you'd like his name... His English is excellent.

Zurück
Oben