Oehley

I'm in South Africa and trying to find information about my great grandfather who was born in Germany in about 1821. I have an extensive family tree beginning with my g-grandfather. Stated as Karl Hermann Oehley DOB about 1821. Yet I cannot find ANY information relating to him on family search or ancestry.

He is stated as being married to Emilie Caroline Bauer and I have found her on ancestry as well as her parents.(she was born in about 1825 - Sankt Jakobi,Prenzlau,Brandenburg,Prussia)

Karl Hermann is stated as being born in Havelberg, Stendal, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.

They came to South Africa - don't know when - with four of their children who were born in Germany:

Emma Amelia Eleonolia (1845)
Karl (Charles) Hermann (1847)
Adoph Gustav (1850)
Oscar Otto (1852)
He settled in Somerset East, South Africa at some stage, where he died in 1880 - no death records here.

I'm hoping that someone can assist and that we can communicate in English, as I do not speak or read German!

I've just signed up with Archion, in the hopes that someone can help me.

I'd really appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks
Rosemary (Oehley) Mason

you can sign up in <community.familysearch.org> ,go to "Germany" and put in your request. This is a free site and there are people trying to help. Good luck

Hi Rose,

I just checked Familysearch and there's one Emilie Caroline Bauer listed for St. Jacobi, Prenzlau, in 1825. She was born in September 1825, but married a Carl August Fritze. Are you sure the Ancestry data is correct?

-Uwe

Zurück
Oben