Help with Translation of Civil Register Document

Hello,

I came across this Civil Status Register record for Herman Eberhard Helmkamp in 1811/1812 Page 8
https://www.archion.de/p/027d121a1b/

I am getting pretty good at translating German text, but this one is difficult for me. I am not asking for someone to translate the entire document, but can someone tell me a brief description of the contents?

Thank you,
Matt

… der
Tagelöhner Hermann Eberhard Helm-
kamp, acht und sechszig Jahr und ein
Monath alt in der Nacht des fünfzehn-
ten dieses Monats Januar um zwölf
Uhr , gestorben sey. Seine verstorbene
Ehefrau war Anna Maria Elisabeth Hak-
manns und seine Eltern sind gewesen
die Tagelöhner Johann Jürgen Helm-
kamp und Anna Cathrine Mieferts,
welche in Jütings Leibzucht allhier zu
Evinghausen gewohnt haben.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5FkPkQjK1r5v9ozH6

The day laborer Hermann Eberhard Helmkamp, 68 years 1 month old
died at 12 o’clock in the night from January 15 to 16.
His deceased wife was Anna Maria Elisabeth Hakmanns,
and his parents were the day laborers Johann Jürgen Helmkamp and Anna Cathrine Mieferts,
who had lived at ‘Jütings Leibzucht’ in Evinghausen.

Engter im Canton Bramsche Distrikts
Osnabrück

Am siebenzehnten Januar des Jahres
Achtzehnhundert eilf.... [wurde angezeigt, dass...]
...der
Tagelöhner Hermann Eberhard Helm-
kamp, acht und sechszig Jahr und ein
Monath alt in der Nacht des fünfzehn-
ten dieses Monats Januar um zwölf
Uhr, gestorben sey. Seine verstorbene
Ehefrau war Anna Marie Elisabeth Hak-
manns und seine Eltern sind gewesen
die Tagelöhner Johann Jürgen Helm-
kamp und Anna Cathrina Mieferts,
welche in Tütings Leibzucht allhier zu
Ewinghausen gewohnt haben.

This is the death record for the daylaborer Hermann Eberhard Helmkamp.
DOD: 15 Jan 1811
Age at Death: 68 years and 1 month
Name of his already deceased wife: Anna Marie Elisabeth, nee Hakmann
Names of his already deceased parents: Johann Juergen Helmkamp, daylaborer, and Anna Cathrina Miefert

I feel like this document is getting me closer to solving the puzzle, but I seem to be getting just enough information to continue guessing, with no hard evidence.

I think Herman Eberhard is the father or uncle of my eldest Helmkamp ancestor Johan Wilhelm Helmkamp.

Johan died in the Netherlands and his death record does not list his parents. Parents are listed as unknown.

I found a birth record in 1770 for Johan, but it has KleinHelmkamp as the last name. All of the records I have found so far for Johan do not include Klein in the last name.

I have read that a person from this era could have four different names in their life. Not being able to translate the documents accurately and the name changes are really making this hard for me.

Sorry I am just venting. I know that this research is never easy, but German ancestry is way different than any other I have ever done and my frustration is accumulating.

I was not sure if I should open a new thread for this, but I am needing help with a translation of another Civil Register Document like the one above. I have been able to read enough to know that this one is an important find for me. It mentions Herman Henrich Hollenbeck married to Maria Adalhait Knille and I can see a few other names that I think are the parents names, but not sure. This record will take my tree back another generation.

https://www.archion.de/p/83c09ddc94/

Thank you so much! You have taken my family back one more generation. Everyone on this forum is amazing. I am very grateful for the help!

Zurück
Oben