Gehring, Paul

Seeking any information about Paul Gehring (any spelling) b. 1860 Stuttgart (according to 1887 marriage registration) to Christian Gehring & Caroline ????? He shows up in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in 1884/85 as a brewer. Then Nanaimo (70 miles from Victoria) 1886 & 1887. He married in 1887 in Nanaimo & then dissappeared leaving a wife & daughter. May have found his baptisim in State Church Archive Stuttgart-Deanery Bernhausen-Kemnat(h). Checked same area for marriage but no luck. There is a ship record of a Paul Gehring arriving in New York in 1876 age 16, a stone mason. There are a couple of Paul Gehring men in the USA-one a stone mason but I have not been able to prove that he arrived in 1876.
Many thanks for any suggestions & or help.
Diana in Canada

No I have not done that. Do you have an address for them please? I am assuming that they would have his birth or baptisim.
Many thanks for your interest & help.
Diana

Yes I did but no answer yet. I just sent a email to the main address as I was not sure where the baptisin records would be.

Paul Gehring b. 1860 Stuttgart was a brewer here in Victoria, BC 1883-1887. Would there be a record of his training? licence? any information.
Many thanks
Diana

Hi Diana, with some luck, yes. I tried to locate him through some other web pages in Germany, unfortunately I was not successful. Maybe the marriage certificate contains some more [hidden] information. You mentioned, that Paul's mother's name has not been deciphered. Is there any chance to have another look at it?

Many thanks for your interest. Here is the marriage registration & his daughters birth registration. The bride's name is Elisa on the registration but her name was Louisa but she was already married so used her sisters name. Sorry I cannot see how to attach the registrations. I do not read German.
Diana

Zurück
Oben