Albrecht family from Rothenburg

Hi all

Keen for some help – I have been doing research on the Albrecht family from Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
The family was a well to do Patrician family that held high office in the 16th, 17th and 18th century.
However it is very hard to get information for the early 19th century.

I am particularly keen to get information on Christoph Friedrich Albrecht and his family :
Christoph Friedrich Albrecht born 26.5.1762 and died 20.10.34. He resided at 29 Herrengrasse (known as gentlemans lane, it was the prominent address in Rothenburg). His service to Rothenburg included: Exterior Council 1788-1802; Lord of stock-taking 1797; Malt inspector 1800; Lord of Schranne (grain deposit) 1797 and Secretary 1788. From Stadtarchiv (state archive) Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Milchmarkt 2, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

Christoph Friedrich Albrecht first marriage was with Florentina Sophia Herrnbauer, they had a son Christian Augustin Friedrich Albrecht and a daughter Christina Florentina Albrecht (born 17.8.1790). Christoph Friedrich second marriage was with Julia Maria Krauss . They had three children a daughter Luisa Sophia Albrecht, born in 1799 and two sons Fredrich Theodar Albrecht and Ludvig Albrecht (1812-1846).

1 Christian Augustin Friedrich Albrecht (31.7.1789-1857) married Antonia Barbara von Payer, their son Heinrich August Albrecht was born in 1817.
2 Juliana Maria Kruss was born in 1770 and died on 4.5.1832. Her Parents were Georg Friedrich Krauss (priest of Schweinsdorf) and Juliana Sophia Bezold.
3 Fredrich Theodar Albrecht born 16.10.1801 in Rothenburg. It is thought that Fredrich Theodar Albrecht’s son was Gottwald Heinrich August Albrecht (born Summerschenburg, Saxony, 22.05.1838 and died in Cape Town 9.12.1901), moved to South Africa. He married Mary Sofia Spolander (b.8.7.1853 – d.10.4.1941) on 20 August 1873 and had four children: John August Albrecht (5.10.1874-18.1.1968); Charles William Albrecht (186-12.7.1951); Aken Lippert Albrecht (22.2.1878-25.10.1977) and Hilda Fredrika Maria born 1885.

Does anyone have any information on Fredrich Theodar Albrecht i.e. death date etc.

Thank you
Nicholas Albrecht
158A St Johns Rd
Meadowbank
Auckland
New Zealand
nicholas.albrecht@outlook.com

Hi Sven - I hope this message gets to you.

Thank you so much for this.

If possible, would you please be able to translate or even write in German what that paragraph says?

I would be very grateful.

thank you

Nick Albrecht

Hello,
here baptism.

http://www.archion.de/p/1857ecadf6/

He was born on 14.10.1801.
All other information is correct.

Where he died is not there unfortunately.

Sven

Hallo,
hier mein Versuch:
den 14 Oktober nach S.T. hl Christopf Friedrich Albrecht ein wohllöblicher außerdem Rathskollege Ahfesohri und dermaligen Handsteuer von seiner Frau eheliebenst T. Frau Julliana Maria. geborene Krausin ein Söhnlein geboren bei dessen Taufzeugen waren 1) S.T. hl. Christopf Friedrich Kraus, 2) Reflector des hiesigen .... Rates S.T. hl Daniel Friedrich Krauß Pfarrer zu Steinbach , das Kind erhielt den Namen Friedrich Theodor.

Eventuell kann das jemand in englisch übersetzen.

Sven

Hello everyone,

please find below the transcription of this birth/baptism record in question:

on right margin: Friedrich Theodor Albrecht

den 14.ten October wurde S. T. Hrn. Christoph Frie-
drich Albrecht, eines wohllöbl. Aeussern Raths Collegii Assessori
und dermaligen Landsteurer, von seiner Frau Ehliebsten S. T. Frau
Juliana Maria geb. Krausin, ein Söhnlein gebohren, bey dessen
Taufe Zeugen waren 1. S. T. Hr. Christoph Friedrich Krauß,
Assessor des hiesigen äussern Raths. 2. S. T. Hr. Daniel
Friedrich Krauß, Pfarrer zu Spielbach. Das Kind erhielt
die Namen Friedrich Theodor.