Johann Heinrich and family, death 1815

Hi. I have the guy in the last record on this page as Johann Heinrich Matthes; unmarried and with no children. This appears to be incorrect because here I think a wife called Catharina is mentioned. Is that correct? If so, I can look for the marriage and any children. Thanks, Karen.

Why "look for the marriage"??? :oops: :rolleyes:

You've already kindly been informed about the marriage over a month ago by @kari ....... >>> post #3

Hi Vera, I believe the issue is that I have my Johann Heinrich Matthes confused with another. I have in my records that Johann Heinrich born in 1741 in Dörzbach, died in 1789 in Hohebach and married to Christina Bland . If this is incorrect and that he really died in 1815, married to Eva Catharina; then who is the man who died in 1789?

I need to try and work this out for certain.

Apologies, Karen.

1770 Johann Heinrich Matthes marries Eva Catharina, the widow of the deceased Lindenwirt Johann Georg Blanck (I read it as a ck)
1789 Johann Heinrich Matthes dies
1815 Eva Catharina dies

Here the marriage of Johann Georg Blank and Eva Katharina Landbeck on 28th of February 1769 in Neunstetten:

Eva Katharina is from there.

1770 Johann Heinrich Matthes marries Eva Catharina, the widow of the deceased Lindenwirt Johann Georg Blanck (I read it as a ck)
1789 Johann Heinrich Matthes dies
1815 Eva Catharina dies

Blanck is absolutely correct.

See also the 1815 death record of Eva Catharina

... nachgelassene Witwe (vulgo alte Blankin)

....surviving widow (also known as the old Blank woman)...

That's great thank you. So Johann Heinrich Matthes is born 1741, marries 1770 and dies in 1789; his widow Eva Catharina Blanck dies in 1815.

And my other Johann Heinrich Matthes, born to Michael Matthes dies 3rd April, also in 1815 but in Kupferzel. See here:

Zurück
Oben