Searching for a birth Wilhelm Ude 16 Feb 1899 Uckendorf or Uakendorf?

Hello
Wilhelm Ude was born in 1899 to Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude 1863-1909 of Nuemunster Schleswig-Holstein and Anna Lebender 1869-1958 of Egloffstein Bavaria, who had both previously immigrated to New York City, where they married in 1894 and had two sons, Karl and Herman who were born in 1895 and 1896. Some time after 1896 they returned to Germany where Wilhelm was born. By 1901 the family had moved to Wales where a further four children were born, August and Eugenie, Louis and Louisa.

Karl and Herman were interned in 1916, and although eborn in the USA were deported to Gemany where they remained for the rest of their lives. In 1940 Wilhelm was interned in London, at that time he said that his place of birth was Uackendorf, birth date 16 Feb 1899 and that was written on his internees registration card. I thought that possibly the place could be Wakendorf but after contacting all the registrars around that area I could find no births .

His family records show that the all of Theodors Ude family were recorded as being born, married, died in the Pinneberg, Bullhausen, Nuemunster, Wakendorf, Himbergen area. Uckendorf was suggested as a birthplace but it seemed a long way away from any of those places so, this is why I presumed Wilhelm was not born at Uckendorf. I have not searched that area yet. Annas family were from Egloffstein Bavaria but I can find no baptism for Wilhelm there either.

Thanks
Ricky

Die Familie des genannten Vaters, Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude, findet sich hier:

[I know this isn't any news for you!
This is only some additional background information for people trying to help you.]

Oder einschließlich der o.a. Nachfahren ausführlicher hier:

Carl Heinrich August Ude
* 12.2.1838 in Bullenhausen bei Harburg
† 23.2.1919 in Pinneberg
°° 18.11.1861 Catharina Marie Elisabeth Müller (* 23.1.1834 in Himbergen bei Bevensen, Kgr. Hannover in der Göhrde, † 15.1.1910 in Pinneberg)
6 Kinder:
1) Christian Friedrich Ludwig Ude, Kaufmann
°° 27.4.1889 in Brookyn, USA Mary geb. Junge (*Oldesloe in Holstein)
2 Kinder:
1.1) Louis *13.1.1890
1.2) Arthur *16.6.1896
2) Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude, Kaufmann
† 3.1.1910 in England
°° Anna geb. Lebender aus Bayern
7 Kinder:
2.1) Karl Ude, Bergmann im Ruhrgebiet
2.2) Heinrich Ude, Bergmann im Ruhrgebiet
2.3) Wilhelm Ude, Zimmermann in London
2.4) Eugenie Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
2.5) August Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
2.6) Ludwig Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.

2.7) Louise, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
3) Johannes August Albert Marius Ude
† März 1870
4) Adele Marie Elisabeth Eugenie Ude
°° 15.7.1920 in Pinneberg Georg Ferdinand Meyer (* 23.10.1860, Lehrer in Pinneberg)
5) Carl Heinrich Otto Ude, Sparkassendirektor in Elmshorn
°° 3.3.1900 in Elmshorn Clara geb. Creon (* Elmshorn)
2 Kinder:
5.1) Werner Ude*28.8.1902
5.2) Eugen Ude* 11.6.1904
6) Luise Ude
°° 25.6.1899 Wilhelm Lüthje (* 28.5.1874 in Hamburg, Direktor der Schlachterinnungs-Verwertungsanstalt in Elmshorn)
Kind:
Ewald Lüthje * 27.9.1907

Quelle: https://www.lauritzen-hamburg.de/namensregister.html

A question to you:

have you already been in contact with the Lauritzen family who apparently still research this family in great detail?

Contact data as to be found on their website quoted above.

"Uakendorf" as noted on Wilhelm's "Internment Papers" is not correct. Such place does not exist in Germany at all.

However, since the above quoted family information points to "mining" and one of THE traditional mining areas in Germany is the Ruhr-Gebiet / Ruhr area why not take into consideration

Ückendorf (please explicitly note the um-lautet first character! - in order to substitute this character the only correct spelling is: Ueckendorf)

Ückendorf is today part of Gelsenkirchen, been one of the highly traditional mining places in Germany.

The German State Archive of Northrhine-Westphalia has an index to birth registers for Ückendorf online. Unfortunately this list of names actually ends at the end of 1898.

see here:

...from there: Downloads zum Thema >> Geburtsregister Ückendorf 1877-1899 ---- (note: the year 1899 is so far not(!!) included)

You may however consider to contact the archive in charge

isg - Institut für Stadtgeschichte Gelsenkirchen

Contact data see here:

Be aware that they charge for their services, so don't forget to ask upfront.

Be very precise and clear what you're after and leave out anything not immediately pertaining to your special information of interest:

birthrecord for Wilhelm Ude, born 16 February 1899, possible in Ückendorf
followed by the names of his partens

Good luck.

Hello
Wilhelm Ude was born in 1899 to Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude 1863-1909 of Nuemunster Schleswig-Holstein and Anna Lebender 1869-1958 of Egloffstein Bavaria, who had both previously immigrated to New York City, where they married in 1894 and had two sons, Karl and Herman who were born in 1895 and 1896. Some time after 1896 they returned to Germany where Wilhelm was born. By 1901 the family had moved to Wales where a further four children were born, August and Eugenie, Louis and Louisa.

Karl and Herman were interned in 1916, and although being born in the USA were deported to Gemany where they remained for the rest of their lives. In 1940 Wilhelm was interned in London, at that time he said that his place of birth was Uackendorf, birth date 16 Feb 1899. I thought that possibly the place could be Wakendorf but after contacting all the registrars around that area I could find no births .

Die Familie des genannten Vaters, Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude, findet sich hier:

[I know this isn't any news for you!
This is only some additional background information for people trying to help you.]

Oder einschließlich der o.a. Nachfahren ausführlicher hier:

Carl Heinrich August Ude
* 12.2.1838 in Bullenhausen bei Harburg
† 23.2.1919 in Pinneberg
°° 18.11.1861 Catharina Marie Elisabeth Müller (* 23.1.1834 in Himbergen bei Bevensen, Kgr. Hannover in der Göhrde, † 15.1.1910 in Pinneberg)
6 Kinder:
1) Christian Friedrich Ludwig Ude, Kaufmann
°° 27.4.1889 in Brookyn, USA Mary geb. Junge (*Oldesloe in Holstein)
2 Kinder:
1.1) Louis *13.1.1890
1.2) Arthur *16.6.1896
2) Paul Wilhelm Theodor Ude, Kaufmann
† 3.1.1910 in England
°° Anna geb. Lebender aus Bayern
7 Kinder:
2.1) Karl Ude, Bergmann im Ruhrgebiet
2.2) Heinrich Ude, Bergmann im Ruhrgebiet
2.3) Wilhelm Ude, Zimmermann in London
2.4) Eugenie Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
2.5) August Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
2.6) Ludwig Ude, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.

2.7) Louise, in Cadoxton Barry, England, bei der Mutter.
3) Johannes August Albert Marius Ude
† März 1870
4) Adele Marie Elisabeth Eugenie Ude
°° 15.7.1920 in Pinneberg Georg Ferdinand Meyer (* 23.10.1860, Lehrer in Pinneberg)
5) Carl Heinrich Otto Ude, Sparkassendirektor in Elmshorn
°° 3.3.1900 in Elmshorn Clara geb. Creon (* Elmshorn)
2 Kinder:
5.1) Werner Ude*28.8.1902
5.2) Eugen Ude* 11.6.1904
6) Luise Ude
°° 25.6.1899 Wilhelm Lüthje (* 28.5.1874 in Hamburg, Direktor der Schlachterinnungs-Verwertungsanstalt in Elmshorn)
Kind:
Ewald Lüthje * 27.9.1907

Quelle: https://www.lauritzen-hamburg.de/namensregister.html
Thanks for the information. I have contacted https://www.lauritzen-hamburg.de/namensregister.html and was told that the information was taken from Ancstry.co.uk and that there is nothing further known,

His family records show that the all of Theodors Ude family were recorded as being born, married, died in the Pinneberg, Bullhausen, Nuemunster, Wakendorf, Himbergen area. Uckendorf was suggested as a birthplace but it seemed a long way away from any of those places so, this is why I presumed Wilhelm was not born at Uckendo. I have not searched that area yet. Annas family were from Egloffstein Bavaria but I can find no baptism for Wilhelm there either.
Thanks
Ricky

"Uakendorf" as noted on Wilhelm's "Internment Papers" is not correct. Such place does not exist in Germany at all.

However, since the above quoted family information points to "mining" and one of THE traditional mining areas in Germany is the Ruhr-Gebiet / Ruhr area why not take into consideration

Ückendorf (please explicitly note the um-lautet first character! - in order to substitute this character the only correct spelling is: Ueckendorf)

Ückendorf is today part of Gelsenkirchen, been one of the highly traditional mining places in Germany.

The German State Archive of Northrhine-Westphalia has an index to birth registers for Ückendorf online. Unfortunately this list of names actually ends at the end of 1898.

see here:

...from there: Downloads zum Thema >> Geburtsregister Ückendorf 1877-1899 ---- (note: the year 1899 is so far not(!!) included)

You may however consider to contact the archive in charge

isg - Institut für Stadtgeschichte Gelsenkirchen

Contact data see here:

Be aware that they charge for their services, so don't forget to ask upfront.

Be very precise and clear what you're after and leave out anything not immediately pertaining to your special information of interest:

birthrecord for Wilhelm Ude, born 16 February 1899, possible in Ückendorf
followed by the names of his partens

Good luck.
Again thanks for the information given. I will certainly contact the links that you have given me. Paul Wilhelm Theodor became a coal miner in Wales, he had been a delicatessen when in New York City, so maybe on his return from the USA he was a coal miner in the Ruhr? His sons Karl and Herman, lived in the Dinslaken- Oberhausen area. The Welsh family knew very little of them after the death of their mother.

...some more background only...

The mentioned internment during the First World War is about this:

or in excerpts here:

My collaborater on the Ude tree, a grand niece of Wilhelm Ude, has been researching for the internment records of Karl and Henry Ude who we think were at the Knockamole camp on the Isle of Man, she has found they have records of the internees that are not online and maybe we will be able to get more information that we already have. We did not know before today that they are recorded as being miners in the Ruhr, can you tell me where that information was found please. If it was from the https://ofb.genealogy.net/ website I can search through them. Again thank you

The information that they were miners comes from this website

Source: https://www.lauritzen-hamburg.de/namensregister.html

You will have to contact the website owners in order to learn where they found this.

Open that website - look in the "green box" and note immediately near the top the link "email an" = email to
The information that they were miners comes from this website

Source: https://www.lauritzen-hamburg.de/namensregister.html

You will have to contact the website owners in order to learn where they found this.

Open that website - look in the "green box" and note immediately near the top the link "email an" = email to
Thanks, I will caontact the website again.

vnagel2004

Thanks to you, I have finally found the birth of Wilhelm Ude using the advice and links given in your post. I am now awaiting a digital download of th birth certificate of Wilhelm Ude born 16 Feb 1899 in Ückendorf. After so many years of searching I can now complete the Biography of Wilhelm in the Ude family tree. Once again many thanks.
Ricky

Zurück
Oben