Raboisen 1 - Hamburg photo?

Is there any photo database over Hamburg? I am searching for Rabisen 1. My great grandfather had a restaurant there around 1915-1932 his kids had it after his death in 1932 and i would like a picture of the place.

A quick search resulted in this photo. Not exactly what you search, as it is from 1902. The street, where the photographer stands, is Glockengießerwall. The street that goes to the left just behind the tramway is Raboisen. The building on the left side of that street, at corner Glockengießerwall, should be Raboisen 1 (partly hidden by the tramway).

More photos here (but probably none of no. 1):

A quick search resulted in this photo. Not exactly what you search, as it is from 1902. The street, where the photographer stands, is Glockengießerwall. The street that goes to the left just behind the tramway is Raboisen. The building on the left side of that street, at corner Glockengießerwall, should be Raboisen 1 (partly hidden by the tramway).

More photos here (but probably none of no. 1):

Thank you so much 😊

Just had a look again. Today Raboisen 3 is the building around the corner, the building at the corner belongs to Glockengießerwall (no. 17), Raboisen 1 doesn't exist. However, that probably was different before the war. Nevertheless, I hope it gives you an impression how the quarter looked like before the war.

Just had a look again. Today Raboisen 3 is the building around the corner, the building at the corner belongs to Glockengießerwall (no. 17), Raboisen 1 doesn't exist. However, that probably was different before the war. Nevertheless, I hope it gives you an impression how the quarter looked like before the war.
I tried searching on google and there wasn’t much to be found. But now you have given me some idea on how it looks. So thank you very much 😊

I just found your older enquiry.
Have you found more data since? I answered that one (February) re: to go to Kirchenkreis Hamburg Ost for help (with links).

I also checked out AKVZ.
The family is listed in the 1803 census for Garstedt. It gives ages, but unfortunately does not provide birthplaces.
Hans Kröger age 40 (1763). (day labourer)
Cathar. Magdalena (Kröger) geb. (born) Ottens, wife, age 35 (1768)
Paul Hinrich Kröger, son, 6 (1797)
Hans Hinrich Kröger, son 3 (1800)

If you send me an email at bconline2012@gmail.com, I can send you a copy of the page (a link will only take you to the main page).

Lastly, have you tried Danish Family Search? That whole area belonged to Denmark for a long time. They have a lot of census data. You can search by name (use search function), or by location (use the map at left, drill down to town you want).
There is a fee to join but it is not expensive.

Zurück
Oben