"General" register?

Hello,
I am using church records in Braunschweig and there are a number of different registers, such as Baptismal registers and Marriage registers, which I understand. However there are a number of registers with no designation, just register. What would these registers be concerning or be about? If I find the surname I am looking for in these registers, I don't know where to look for the corresponding record.
Thanks for your help.

Hello,
This is the path to the registers. Braunschweig: State Church Archive of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. state church>Brunswick, St. Blaise Cathedral> then there are lots of these registers with no designation:

Registers 1876-1900
Registers 1888-1916
Registers 1888-1918
Registers 1891-1940
Registers 1824-1841

A random register's first page: http://www.archion.de/p/181d4a0c53/
Thanks,
Kathy

Example

first entry for A = Amende, Carl August p. [Latin = pagina = English = page] 15

|
leeds to
|

Braunschweig, Dom St. Blasius > Bestattungen 1834-1873 > Bild/image 10 von/of 197 ---- church register page #15

....and there you have him = the death / burial record for Carl August Amende

Greetings, Vera

...another example....

second entry for A > Abt, Armin Franz Georg ---- S. [Seite = English: page] 294

|
leeds to
|

Braunschweig, Dom St. Blasius > Taufen 1836-1862 > Bild/image 151 von/of 220----- church register page # 294

....and there you have him = the birth / baptism of Armin Franz Georg Abt, in 1853

Greetings, Vera

Hello Vera,
Thank you for your explanations. I think we are getting closer to me understanding but not quite. Could you please use the link I provided in my post to look at the 2 examples under letter A. I am not sure where your examples came from.

The 2 entries in my permalink have p 30 and 70. In my 2 examples, which in the 2nd one I can see the name Maria, and that is about all I can figure out, does it say at the end of the name if it is a burial or baptism? I just don't don't know which book to look in to find, let's say Maria, on page 70? I know the register contains records from 1824-1841. However there are baptism, confirmation, marriage and burial books that span those dates. How do I know which book I am being lead to?
Best regards,
Kathy

Zurück
Oben