Bolleinen Osterode

hi all,

I am having immense difficulty finding any records for my UrOpa who lived in Bolleinen Osterode. The Standesamt for that area, Wittmansdorf, was destroyed in the war and I can't find any church books for the years relevant to him (1897). Does anyone have any insight or direction?

Good morning,

Bolleinen, Ostpreussen / East Prussia

-gehört zur Evangelischen Kirche Seelesen / belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church Seelesen

-gehört zur Katholischen Kirche Thurau, Kreis Neidenburg / belongs to the Roman Catholic Church Thurau, District Neidenburg

-gehört ab 1875 zum Standesamt Wittmannsdorf / from 1875 on belongs to the Civil Registration Office Wittmannsdorf

The following site provides information about Evangelical / Lutheran church registers for places being part of the former District Osterode, East Prussia

...and as you will find for Seelesen neither FamilySearch, nor the Archive in Berlin does have any in their repository covering the time you're interested in.

And when you already verified that due to destruction civil registration records are no longer existent in Wittmannsdorf, ...... well, you most likely know the rest....

Sorry for no better news.
Vera

Ad:

If you want to give it a try, you may contact the non-profit society AGOFF.
Members specify on research in former Eastern German territories.

If you do, please be very precise what you are looking for including already known names and dates…

…plus what you already did to find the desired records.

Don‘t expect miracles….

Good luck
Vera

Zurück
Oben