Accessing 1585 Calenburg Muster Roll

Hello everyone, it's me again.

Does anyone have this book?
Die Bevölkerung des Fürstentums Calenberg-Göttingen gegen Ende des 16. Jahrhunderts
die calenbergische Musterungsrolle von 1585 und andere einschlägige Quellen
By Max Burchard · 1935

I can see from Google Books' search that there are people with the Mesenbring / Mesenbrinck last name listed in the 1585 muster roll for Calenburg, but because the book where it's published is not in the public domain, I can't see the whole page on Google Books:

Does anyone have access to this book, or know how I could get a scan of at least pages 189 and 196?

Please be precise…

…it is CalenBERG

and not Calenburg

Thanks.

————-

There are of course various libraries in the US which have this book in their holdings, i.e. NARA

If all else fails you may contact the
NLF (Niedersächsischer Landesverein für Familienkunde) in Hannover.

For contact data please see the pinned topic in this sub forum.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your help. I contacted the NLF and they sent me scans of the two pages along with a helpful explanation of what the numbers and abbreviations mean.

Update: I contacted the Hathitrust digital library and informed them that the author of the book has been deceased for more than 70 years (and therefore the book is in the public domain), so they have released their scanned copy and it is available online now (as long as you are viewing it from outside the U.S.):

Hallo,
in der Calenbergische Musterungsrolle von 1585 werden folgende Mesenbring genannt:

Seite 189: Flecken Erichshagen: Hans Mesenbringk 78 R2 (78 Jahre, Waffe: R2 = Lang- und Kurzrohr). Ludeke Mesenbrinck 37 R (37 Jahre, Waffe: R = Rohr)

Seite 196: Osterwald: Ackerleute: Ludeke Mesenbrinck 30, Lr (Waffe: Lr = Langrohr).

Seite 197: Osterwald: Halbspänner: Hans Mesenbring 34 Sp (Waffe: Sp = Spieß). Köter: Berend Mesenbringk 60 Sp.

Seite 203: Bordenau: Jacob Mesenbringk 37 Lr Kr (Waffe: Lr = Langrohr, Kr = Kurzrohr).

Seite 204: Norddrebber: Wichmann Mesenbringk 40 Lr.

Seite 210: Neustadt am Rübenberge: Friedrich Meisenbring 70 Fs (Waffe: Fs = Federspieß)

Seite 330: Hannover, Schmerjohanns Hof: Heinrich Mesenbringk

Halbspänner: waren grössere hörige Bauern, die mit zwei Pferden zu Spanndiensten verpflichtet waren. Nach dem Ackermännern standen sie in der bäuerlichen Hierarchie an zweier Stelle.
Köter: Dorfbewohner, die einen Kotten (eine Kate) besaßen. Sie hatten nur geringen Landbesitz.
(Quelle: Wikipedia)

Zurück
Oben