Möckern, Leipzig record update?

I see posts from 18 months ago about Leipzig records not being included in Archion. I was just hoping to get an updated status. Does anyone know if and when Leipzig records may be available? Thank you.

Unfortunately no good news. Next church district that will be available at Archion is Freiberg. What will be next is still unknown.
However, Leipzig parish registers have already been microfilmed and digitized:

Access is possible in the archive in Dresden. If you can't travel there, it's possible to hire external service providers (see previous link - "externe Dienstleister").

Access is possible in the archive in Dresden. If you can't travel there, it's possible to hire external service providers (see previous link - "externe Dienstleister").

In case you decide to hire someone of these professional researchers don't forget to ask about their charges / fees upfront.

Thank you for the update.

My great grandmother was purportedly born in Möckern in 1858 which I've been told is now part of Leipzig. I'm not clear if these older records would also be part of Leipzig? From what little I know the Leipzig records would contain many Lutheran parishes and I'm not sure how to isolate which one would be associate with my ancestors. Any advice?

Please find here an overview of the digitized parish registers of the church district Leipzig (browse the doc for Möckern).
Please notice that the parish registers of Möckern before 1857 were recorded in the parish register of Eutritzsch. You will find information also under the parish Wahren. See background here:

Originals of the parish registers can be found in the KAL (Kirchliches Archiv Leipzig):

Zurück
Oben