Glauchau

I strongly believe my 2nd great grandmother, Amelia Earnestina Arnold, born Jan. 5, 1848, was from Glauchau, Zwickau, Saxony. I need help navigating to the correct place to look for any family records and if they are even available here on Archion.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Glen Palmer
Glp0426@aol.com

Glen,

you already posted this almost identical topic here about 2 years ago and received quite a number of replies, incl. guidance to Archion's HELP pages as well as other Archion webpages in order to locate church registers - i.e. those for Glauchau.

Please refer to this topic:

As an aside: church registers for Glauchau, Saxony are still not availabe here at Archion.

Thanks, Vera

First Steps - Research with Archion

In case you haven't done so already: switch Archion's website language from German to English which should make things much easier for you.

While you're here:

...look at the very upper right corner > click on the world symbol > switch from DE to EN

Thank you Vera, that's all I wanted to know. Just rechecking to see if the Glauchau records were published yet and yes I have been using the Engish setting.

For what its worth, I had an immigrant ancestor from Glauchau. I was successful in obtaining a transcript of her marriage record as well as the deaths of her parents and births of four siblings by writing to the Church in Glauchau directly. It was the Ev.-Luth. Kirchegemeinde St. Georgen (St. George Evangelical Lutheran Church). The policy of the church is to charge for employee searches of the churchbook so my search cost me about 50 euros at the time, which was about 5 years ago. I was able to provide fairly specific information for the search of my ancestor's marriage date based on the birth of her eldest child, so I requested a search about a year or two around the eldest child's known birth and any other information on her parents and siblings. Her eldest child was born in Crimmitschau where her husband was from, but died in the US and I obtained her birth date from her death certificate here in the US. Like you I have long been waiting for Saxony churchbooks to become available here at archion, but seems like it will take forever, so I wrote directly to the church. Hope this is helpful to you. If your ancestor was with the evangelical Lutheran church then the address for St. George church in Glauchau is:

Ev.-Luth. Kirchgemeinde Glauchau
Kirchplatz 7
08371 Glauchau

Zurück
Oben