Some Questions

hernlem

22 Beiträge

First, let me say that Archion has been tremendously useful to me so far in my family research even if the present holdings are not comprehensive. I have a few questions:

1) Some digitized records are clearly made from secondary media (e.g. microfilm, microfische, etc.) and those images contain defects that are from the media (scratchs) and not from flaws in the original documents. Is there any plan to produce direct digital images from the original sources (or presumably better master films)to eventually replace those tertiary images?

2) What is the likelihood that Catholic records may eventually be included in Archion's offerings? I certainly would be interested to see those records from the Bamberg area.

3) Most of my ancestors are from places for which Archion does nor presently have records (but I am patient). Archion does have substantial records from other places where my ancestors originated (Westfalen, Hessen, Bayern). These are not without gaps, however. For example, I have ancestors from Ernsthausen. Until 1808 those records were found in the records from Münchhausen. Records from 1808-1813 appear in the Standesamt holdings in Marburg but I wonder what happened to the church records thereafter. I would expect them to be in the groups from "MarburgLand" or "Frankenberg" but nothing is there. Does this indicate that the books have been lost, not yet digitized or never submitted to be digitized?

judith.sutter
Archion-Mitarbeiter

363 Beiträge

Hallo hernlem,
vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage. Wir freuen uns, dass Sie mit Hilfe von Archion Ihre Familienforschung schon fortsetzen konnten.

Zu 1) Wenn vorhanden, erfolgt die Digitalisierung auf Grundlage von Masterfilmen - dies sind die höherwertigen Mikroverfilmungen. Eine direkte Digitalisierung bereits vorhandener und auf Basis von Mikrofilmverfilmungen durchgeführter Digitalisierung wird nicht erfolgen.
Zu 2) Die Kirchenbuchportal GmbH als Betreiber der Marke Archion steht einer Beteiligung der Katholischen Kirche in Deutschland offen gegenüber.
Zu 3) Lücken in den Beständen bei Archion können mehrere Ursachen haben. Für die meisten Fälle gilt, dass die Digitalisierung noch nicht abgeschlossen ist und daher in naher Zukunft mit Digitalisaten zu rechnen ist.

Anfragen an das Archion-Team können Sie uns gerne auch an info@archion.de senden.

berndbreidenbach
Archivmitarbeiter
Landeskirchliches Archiv Kassel

51 Beiträge

Hello hernlem,

to the Point number 3, we can report that the parish Wiesenfeld (with Birkenbringhausen and Ernsthausen) decided not to participate in the digitization. For this reason, no digital copies for Ernsthausen are available on Archion.

Best regards
B. Breidenbach

okhaine

303 Beiträge

Münchhausen >>> http://www.archion.de/p/02caf336a7/

okhaine

303 Beiträge

Maybe I can help you with some data. I have a book about Ernsthausen, a chronicle. From page 419 to 450 all the old houses and families are listed, since 1775 up to now.
Kind regards, Oliver Kramer

hernlem

22 Beiträge

Zitiert von: okhaine
Maybe I can help you with some data. I have a book about Ernsthausen, a chronicle. From page 419 to 450 all the old houses and families are listed, since 1775 up to now.
Kind regards, Oliver Kramer

Thank you very much for the reply. I did not know about this book. Can you inform me the title and publication information?

One of my great great great grandmothers was Anna Gertraud Hauptführer (*21.10.1801 Ernsthausen, +23.02. 1869 Wollmar, Hs. Nr. 67). Her parents were Henrich Hauptführer (*05.12.1756 Ernsthausen, +nach 1813)and Maria Elisabetha Cronau (*09.10.1763 Ernsthausen, +02.06.1811 Ernsthausen, Hs. Nr. 3). I am interested in additional information on this family and their descendents.

Also, one of my great great great grandfathers was Georg Engel (*13.02.1813 Ernsthausen, +02.10.1892 Indiana). His parents were (according to my research, so far) Johannes Engel (*17.11.1778 Ernsthausen, +unbekannt) and Catharina Noll (*Ernsthausen, ~01.06.1777 Münchhausen, +14.04.1849 Ernsthausen?). I am interested in additional information on this family and their descendents.

Would it be possible for you to send copies or scans of the pages of the book that you mention?

Thanks,

Brad Hernlem
hernlem@gmail.com

hernlem

22 Beiträge

Zitiert von: berndbreidenbach
Hello hernlem,

to the Point number 3, we can report that the parish Wiesenfeld (with Birkenbringhausen and Ernsthausen) decided not to participate in the digitization. For this reason, no digital copies for Ernsthausen are available on Archion.

Best regards
B. Breidenbach

Thank you for that information. It is useful, at least, to know that the records reside with Wiesenfeld.
Do you think that such churches may decide in the future to participate in the digitization?

Years ago I found the records on my Herrnleben (now Hernlem) ancestors by direct contact with the pastor in Aufseß. However, those records for my family only go back to the 1790s and then there are some families with that name much earlier. I was able to view those records at the Kirchenbuchlesesaal in Nürnberg when I was in Germany a few years ago. My family was from Draisendorf on the boundary of the church districts of Aufseß and Heiligenstadt. There are some additional Herrnleben records in Heiligenstadt but they do not complete the gaps in the mid to late 1700s. Perhaps they are to be found in records that have not yet been digitized (Muggendorf?) or maybe even in the Catholic records (perhaps Hochstahl).

okhaine

303 Beiträge

[1/2]

Sorry, no scans, there is a copyright :-)
I can try to get a legal copy, the book, for you.
Just let me know.

Hauptführer

First Column = Year of moving into that house.
E.G. 1785 Henrich Hauptführer was maybe at least at the age of 20.

House No. 3 = today belongs to Marburger Straße 3 ( Street, Road )

1775 Peter Cronau
1785 Henrich Hauptführer from No. 70 & Maria Elisabeth Cronau
1832 Heinrich Hauptführer & Elisabeth Koch
Maybe a son of Henrich 1785

1839 ...
1857 Johann Heinrich Hauptführer, went to america
Maybe a son of Heinrich 1832

House No. 4 = Marburger Straße 3

1775 Kurt Hauptführer & Anna Katharina Cronau
1786 Peter Hauptführer & Maria Elisabeth Tripp (1st marriage)
& Anna Margaretha Dippel (2nd marriage)
1801 Wilhelm Engel (from No. 11) & Anna Katharina Hauptführer

House No. 14 = Marburger Straße 2

1775 Jakob Sommer & Eva Margarethe Hauptführer (1st. marriage)
& Anna Elisabeth widowed Hesse

House No. 70

1775 Johannes Noll & Anna Helena widowed Hauptführer
1789 Ferdinand Sonntag from No. 22 & Elisabeth Hauptführer
Elisabeth could be a daughter of Anna Helena

House No. 95 = Bremer Straße 3

1775 Johannes Naumann & Sibilla Hauptführer

There could be some other descendants living today not named Hauptführer, e.g. Sommer, Dönges and, of course, like you mentioned, Engel ...

okhaine

303 Beiträge

[2/2]

Engel

House No. 63 = Darmstädter Str. 26

1775 Peter Engel jun. & Eva Elisabeth Engel (1st marriage)
& Elisabeth Schäfer (2nd marriage)
1812 Johannes Engel jun. & Katharina Elisabeth Noll
1838 Peter Engel & Katharina Noll (1st marriage)
& Katharina Schäfer (2nd marriage)
& Maria Elisabeth Cronau (3rd marriage)
1859 Heinrich Greis (from No. 42) & Elisabeth Cronau
1868 Jakob Greis & Eva Elisabth Tripp
1910 Karl Greis & Elisabeth Mengel >>> moved to House No. 145

House No. 145 = Marburger Straße 36

Built in 1913
1913 Karl Greis & Elisabeth Mengel
1954 Hermann Greis & Katharina Cronau

Childrens which moved built own houses or moved to ...

House No. 25 = Kirchstraße 10

1868 Heinrich Engel (from No. 63) & Maria Elisabeth Imhof
Don't know if another Engel in this house is a son ...
1897 Friedrich Engel & Katharina Kahl
1942 Michael Engel & Katharina Tripp

House No. 27 = Kirchstraße 12

1858 Peter Engel (from No. 63) & Maria Elisabeth Cronau
1858 Johannes Briel (from Wollmar) & Katharina Engel
1883 Johannes Briel & Anna Gertrude Tripp
1924 Peter Briel & Anna Barbara Geil

House No. 38 = Bergstraße 14

1880 Karl Greis (from No. 63) & Katharina Engel
1920 Johannes Greis & Anna Engel
1952 Karl Greis & Anna Westerweller

Have Fun!

Oliver Kramer

okhaine

303 Beiträge

Thanks a lot to Dr. Ulrich Stöhr, Bottendorf, and Reinhold Briel and Johannes Briel for writing the book "Ernsthausen 1303-2003 Chronik zur 700-Jahr-Feier"

Oliver Kramer